Residents attend two conferences daily, from 7-8 AM and 12-1 PM. Every Thursday, the afternoon conference is 12-2 PM and covers important topics in radiology physics.
Residents also have scheduled conference time at the Simulation Center to practice procedural skills, communication skills, and management of contrast reactions under faculty supervision. BLS and ACLS review courses are offered annually.
In addition to scheduled conferences, residents participate in work rounds with the attending radiologists several times per day. Our residents have easy access to a department library. Dedicated learning funds are available to each resident to help cover books and away conferences.
- A broad range of didactic lectures and case presentations by teaching faculty, covering our core teaching curriculum
- Journal club
- Radiology-pathology correlation lectures
- Simulation Center activities
- Weekly physics
- Resident-run lectures and presentations
- Introductory radiology course for the first year residents
- Numerous multidisciplinary conferences including: breast, neurovascular, liver tumor, neuro-oncology, family practice rounds, pediatric rounds, pulmonary, NICU, upper GI, and lower GI
- Resident teaching conferences for medical students
- Monthly Diversity, Equity and Inclusion lectures and discussions