Franklin Memorial Hospital Auxiliary
The Auxiliary is a small, but vibrant and active organization. It hosts monthly activities and special events that raise thousands of dollars annually to support technology and programs at Franklin Memorial Hospital. The Auxiliary also provides annual scholarships to support education for students pursuing careers in the health care field.
Volunteers with Special Skills
The Auxiliary is always looking for anyone who can share their special skills (baking, woodworking, decorating, etc.), or help with its many fund raisers. Board meetings are held the first Wednesday of each month, September through June, at Franklin Memorial Hospital.
Our Major Fund Raisers
- Easter, October, and holiday bake sales
- Remembrance tree
- Books Are Fun sales twice a year
- Bag Ali purse sales
- Remembrance stones for the Memorial Stone Path (details below)
- Uniform and shoe sales twice a year
Annual Gifts to the Hospital
The Auxiliary raises funds for the purchase of equipment and technology. Annual gifts to Franklin Memorial Hospital have included:
- Wheelchairs, strollers, and wagon
- Heart monitors for ambulances
- Reclining chairs for patient rooms
- Emergency department heart monitors
- Bone Density Room
- Televisions and furnishings for patient rooms
- Neonatal heart monitors and electro-surgical unit
- Healing Garden
- Breast health themed ambulance
- DXA system (Dual-energy X-ray Absorptiometry
What is the Healing Garden?
The purpose of the Healing Garden is to provide a natural, meditative environment where patients, families, health care providers and the community can accomplish goals in the healing process, which ultimately speeds up recovery. It enhances the grounds of the Hospital and positively affects the spirits of the patients and their families whose rooms overlook the Healing Garden.
How can you participate?
The Franklin Memorial Auxiliary is offering an opportunity to purchase a stone for the Healing Garden. Each engraved stone becomes a permanent part of the Healing Garden as a lasting memorial to you, a loved one, or a friend. The cost of an engraved stone is $50.
The proceeds are used to maintain and expand the healing garden.
How do I purchase a stone?
Download application or contact Shannon Smith at 207-778-4726 or email.