Supporting Emotional Well-being
The modern world is fast-paced and demanding. In order to take care of our community, families and patients we must take care of ourselves. When we are happy and healthy, we are engaged, productive, more creative and innovative - key attributes to well-being.
MaineHealth now offers a valuable care team wellness tool called Talkspace. Talkspace is an online therapy platform designed to support you at work and well beyond our walls.
Resilience is also a key element of well-being. We are often tested when stress factors pop into our everyday life, when tragedy or trauma strikes. Testing one’s resilience is how you handle stress and bounce back from difficult life events. Connecting with our emotional well-being is important now, more than ever.
Carving out time for self-care and taking care of our overall well-being might seem like a luxury we can’t afford, but now is the time. Even five to ten minutes each day can be beneficial. Listen to your body. Know the signs of stress, and ask for help before you think you need it. Keep an eye out for muscle tension, headaches, upset stomach or difficulty sleeping. Be compassionate with yourself, and with others.
Support your sense of self with essential tools:
- Access confidential, free, work/life support services, help and navigation with through the HealthAdvocate Employee Assistance Program
- If you or a loved one feels overwhelmed with sadness, depression or anxiety, know there is help around the corner. Find available resources at your fingertips.
- Join us to learn practical strategies and skills to navigate change, build resilience, cope with stress and positively respond to adversity in today’s fast-paced world. View upcoming live well-being sessions, or view recorded sessions
Recorded Well-being Learning Sessions
- Financial Well-being
- Stress Reduction and Resilience
- Mindful Eating
- Get Healthy in the Garden & Composting
Additional tools: WOW SharePoint site – accessible when connected to the MaineHealth VPN