Your wellbeing is about more than just physical health – it’s about your emotional, financial, environmental and social wellness too. No matter where you are at on your health and wellness journey, MaineHealth has a variety of tools to help you along the way. Works on Wellness (WOW!) helps employees and their families stay active and well. Come explore our programs.
The New Year provides a time to reflect, catch your breath and center your intentions for the year ahead. Take an opportunity to make small steps toward positive change. In January, each week you can enroll in mindfulness virtual classes and webinars to support you as you incorporate self-care practices into your daily routine.
How you feel can affect your ability to carry out everyday activities, your work, relationships, and overall health. Resilience is the ability to successfully handle life’s twists, turns, stresses and adapt to change and difficult times. As we begin the transition to the New Year, you will have access to tips and tricks for self-care and stress reduction in addition, tools to build your resilience.
View upcoming classes and educational webinars aligned with “Refocusing on You”.
Visit our calendar to view all classes featured within focused themed weeks in January including:
- Week of January 4: Stay Mindful and Present
- Week of January 11: Mindful Eating and Food to Fuel
- Week of January 18: Build Resiliency
- Week of January 25: The Power of Movement
New this year, WOW! has eliminated all class registration fees so these programs are accessible to MaineHealth employees. Stay tuned for additional information in your local e-newsletters and local Wellness Council. If you are unable to attend live classes in January, each class will be recorded, click here to view recorded sessions. WOW! will provide additional programming available throughout the 2021 calendar year.
Additional Ways to Learn and Earn in January
- Earn Virgin Pulse points by attending weekly MaineHealth Mindfulness sessions
- Join the Virgin Pulse Renew 2021: Commit to Self-Care Team Challenge and receive points for participating
- Earn double points* and discover mindfulness tools, tips and tricks by completing Virgin Pulse programs:
- Whil Programs: Emotional Intelligence, Mindfulness 101 and Yoga 101 (to find Whil programs, visit to the Virgin Pulse “Programs” Page, click on Reducing Stress and scroll to the bottom of the page).
- Journey Programs: Sleeping Well, Eating Healthy, Getting Active, Reducing Stress and Tobacco Free (to find Journey programs, click on the Health section, click on Journeys).
*To qualify for double points, all sessions must be completed by the end of January. Double points will reflect in your Virgin Pulse account within 30 days of completion. Additional information on Virgin Pulse.
Stress Reduction Resources
To access additional stress reduction resources including free apps, videos, podcasts, meditations, yoga, etc., please visit the WOW! Manage Stress Page
Consider using the COVID Coach!
This dynamic, free, easy to use mobile application was developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) in 2020 and is available to everyone to support self-care and overall mental health during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. COVID Coach can support you with information to help you stay balanced, connected, safe, and healthy.
Look for signs of distress with our colleagues and in ourselves. There are a number support resources available, including: