We make it easy to get the information you need to make health decisions for yourself and your loved ones. We have a wide variety of resources available, including health and wellness books, eBooks and audio books.
It’s free and easy!
There are many books available — from healthy cooking to end-of-life care and everything in between.
Email us to get your library card number and password. We will need your email, mailing address and phone number.
To request a physical book:
- Click on the title of the book.
- Scroll down and click on the shopping cart icon.
- In the popup box, click "Request Item".
- We will mail your requested items to you with a postage-paid return envelope.
To check out an eBook or audiobook:
If a book is available in this format you will see an OverDrive icon.
- Click on the title of the book next to the OverDrive icon.
- Select the format of the eBook or audiobook you want to use.
- Click "Check Out".
- If viewing or listening on a mobile device, download and open the Libby by OverDrive app to access the content.
Need help downloading books to your device? Click to learn more about OverDrive, the app you can use to borrow and enjoy digital titles from our library. The OverDrive app is available for Android, Chromebooks, iOS, Fire tablets, and Windows 8/10.
Are you a provider looking for clinical resources? The Maine Medical Center Library & Knowledge Services Department provides technical and content expertise in support of patient care, education and research.