Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your new baby! Giving birth is beautiful and exciting, but it can be overwhelming to try to prepare, and we at Franklin Memorial Hospital want to help! Our class will give you a better understanding of the labor process, provide tools to cope with discomfort, and help you build confidence in your body’s ability to perform this amazing task. Come share your hopes, fears, and questions with other soon-to-be parents and take this next step in preparing for your precious baby.
Understanding Your Birth
- Recognizing your body’s cues that labor is near
- What labor looks like, start to finish
- Comfort techniques, including breathing, relaxation, positioning, etc.
- Common medical procedures
- Questions and answers with an obstetric provider and pediatrician
- Pain relief options, both medical and natural
- Strategies for your support person
We will have opportunities to practice coping skills, so please bring a pillow and a blanket and wear comfortable clothes. We look forward to seeing you!
Class instructor is Natasha Foster, RN, BSN, CBE, a staff nurse on the Maternal/Child Health Unit. She has 10 years of experience in obstetrical nursing and loves helping patients make the transition to parenthood.
Cost of the Class is $40 payable by cash or check (made out to FMH) the first night of the
Preregistration is required. Sign up early and plan to start the classes when you are close to 30 weeks.
Register for Classes
Contact the Family Birthing Center to register.