What is walk-in care?
Walk-in care locations are a good option for treatment of minor illnesses or injuries when your primary care physician is not available. Most walk-in clinics are open every day—early morning through early evening.
Most walk-in clinics accept insurance and provide onsite radiology services so you can get an X-ray. Doctors and other health care providers are available onsite to evaluate you and recommend treatment. MaineHealth locations include:
Check wait times and reserve your place in line
Now you can view estimated wait times at MaineHealth walk-in care locations in advance. Simply click to choose a location and arrival time.
What is urgent care?
Urgent care clinics are like walk-in clinics but with more services. They can treat more serious (but non life-threatening) injuries and illnesses, often with shorter wait times than the emergency room. Most urgent care clinics accept insurance and are open every day—early morning through early evening. MaineHealth locations include:
- Maine Medical Center Urgent Care Plus
- Located in Portland, Maine, this clinic has Maine Medical Center emergency-trained physicians and nurses who will tend to you and your family as quickly as possible.
- LincolnHealth Urgent Care Center
- Located in Boothbay Harbor, Maine, this clinic serves the mid-coast region.
For life-threatening emergencies, dial 9-1-1 or go to your local emergency department.
- Allergies (minor) or hay fever
- Back pain (mild, able to walk without help)
- Bruises, sprains, strains, scrapes
- Cuts and lacerations
- Earache or ear pain
- Eye irritation
- Follow-up visits and wound checks (remove stitches, dressings)
- Foot problems (blisters, pain, ingrown toenails)
- Joint Pain, muscle aches, headaches
- Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea
- Sore throat