Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
SMHC Orthopedic Care
The specialists at SMHC Orthopedics and Sports Medicine represent the best of all possible worlds: highly specialized training, proven experience, innovative treatment options and a total commitment to the very best comprehensive patient care experience. We continually exceed national standards for quality outcomes!
Our physicians have the knowledge and experience to treat your musculoskeletal system, including the bone, joint, muscle, tissue, ligament and nerve disorders that prevent you from enjoying your full mobility.
Services That Keep You Moving
We work closely with all referring physicians to provide patients with the highest quality care designed to ensure a successful return to the patient's pre-injury lifestyle.
Our services include:
- Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopic surgery for knee and shoulder injuries
- ACL reconstruction, meniscal repair, rotator cuff and labral repair
- We provide team care services to many area schools, including Biddeford and Kennebunk high schools and Thornton Academy
- Joint replacement
- Partial and total knee
- Shoulder and elbow
- Small joints of the hand
- Hand surgery
- Carpal tunnel release (endoscopic and open), tendon and nerve repair, fracture care, wrist arthroscopy
- Foot and ankle surgery
- Industrial/work related injuries
Outstanding outcomes. Proven experience. Satisfied patients.
Our bodies regularly undergo a great deal of strain, whether you are a professional athlete or sit at a computer all day. Over time, injuries can occur to the musculoskeletal system that require surgical or non-surgical treatment. For more than 20 years, the specialists at SMHC Physicians Orthopedics have cared for individuals throughout southern Maine for a variety of issues, from carpel tunnel syndrome to hip and knee replacement surgery. We focus on seamless care, rapid recoveries, successful outcomes and compassionate patient-centered care.
The power of great people:
Christian Basque, MD
Jeffrey Bush, MD
Matt Bush, MD
Frank Goudreau, DO
Julie Grosvenor, MD
David Johnson, MD
John W. Solari, MD
Gregory A. Taggart, MD
Brent Albright, PA-C
Lauren Alofs, PA-C
Christopher Duncan, PA-C
Bronna Eckelman, PA-C
Jeff Nicoletti, PA-C
Eric Smith, PA-C
Interested in seeing one of our providers? Give us a call!
All calls and faxes go through the Biddeford office unless otherwise directed.
- 46 Barra Road
Biddeford, ME 04005
- 25A June Street - Suite 016
Sanford, ME 04073
Providers and patients please note: We do not accept faxed appointment requests. Please call our office directly and we will be happy to schedule you or your patient.
Already have an appointment? Here's what you should bring:
- Insurance information, including your insurance card(s),
- A photo ID,
- An updated list of your current medications,
- If you have had recent imaging studies (X-ray, MRI) done at an institution not affiliated with SMHC, it's helpful to bring a copy of those studies with you to the appointment.