Patients & Visitors
Visitor Policy - Effective 6/28/21
All visitors and escorts must:
- Attest they have screened for Covid-19 symptoms. (Visitors/escorts with respiratory symptoms will NOT be allowed to enter the LincolnHealth facilities.)
- Perform hand hygiene prior to entering and upon leaving the patient’s room/care area.
- Remain at least six feet from the patient at all times (as much as possible).
VISITORS are permitted on LincolnHealth campuses, as follows:
Hospital Inpatient Areas:
- Pediatrics: two parents/guardians at a time allowed in all areas.
- Obstetrics: up to 2 persons. In addition, a Doula/designated support person for labor and delivery is permitted when the obstetrician/midwife is aware of their requested presence and they have been part of the prenatal process.
- All other inpatient areas including critical care: Two visitors per day between the hours of 1200 and 1900. Exceptions may be made at the time of unit admission or for care plan discussions.
- Patients on Palliative Care/Comfort Measures: Two family members, one visit per day. Times to be managed by the care team.
- End of Life (death likely within 24 hours): Up to four family members, visit times to be managed by the care team
Cafeteria: Is not open to the public at this time.
Patient Discharges: Patients will be brought to an appropriate entrance for pick-up.
Day Surgery: (one person involved in care)
- Pediatrics – Two parents may remain with child during ED visit.
- A single visitor will be permitted when the provided space is sufficient to achieve compliance with social distancing. Pediatric patients may be accompanied by two parents/guardians, provided space is sufficient to achieve compliance with social distancing. Exceptions may be made for care plan discussions as arranged with the care team or for end of life.
- Under circumstances felt appropriate by the provider and charge nurse that a visitor or additional visitor is ideal without significantly increasing risk of exposure to patients and staff this may be allowed for a limited period of time and should be noted in the medical record.
- All visitors are expected to wear a mask at all times. They are to remain in the patient room at all times and not exit the room unless cleared by the staff to minimize exposure. For those visitors of a patient who is known COVID or a person under investigation, in addition to a mask, they will be required to wear gown and gloves.
Ambulatory/Outpatient Procedural Areas: One person allowed. Escorts will be encouraged to drop-off patients when possible.
- Please make alternative care plans if you are scheduled for outpatient services and you have dependents. If you arrive with dependent(s), the decision to proceed with your scheduled service will be made by department leadership - based upon the acuity of the service and the ability to maintain appropriate precautions.
For all exceptions permitted above, only one person over the age of 18 may be on LincolnHealth’s campus to visit/escort/accept discharge of a patient.
These restrictions are for the protection of patients, employees, visitors, and the public. They are consistent with guidance from governmental authorities, and are adopted for the purpose of reducing the potential for propagation of the COVID-19 virus. These restrictions are imposed by order of the Hospital President, Chief Medical Officer and Chief Nursing Officer.