Education & Training
The MaineHealth Education & Training department helps providers, patients, community members and health professionals access credible, up-to-date and understandable health information. We offer:
- Health educator consultations
- Patient education material development and review
- Health coaching
- Lending libraries
- Staff trainings
- Healthy lifestyle classes
We can help you engage, educate and connect with patients to improve health outcomes.
Increase patient engagement with:
- Health literacy review (plain language): Improve patient education materials so patients can understand what they need to do to stay healthy.
- Focus group facilitation: Discover if your services are meeting the needs of your patients.
- Staff education: Build your staff's competencies around patient-centered communication.
- Patient education: Connect with us for reliable and relevant health information to meet your patients' needs.
- Podcasts: We can help you record podcasts.
Learning Resource Center
Our learning resource center has information on a wide variety of health topics and specializes in providing information to patients and families who are dealing with cancer.