Robust research and innovation programs fundamentally enhance the quality of patient care at Maine Medical Center (MMC). Your gift helps bring the newest scientific discoveries to patients and advances understanding of disease processes that results in better diagnostics and treatments. To learn more about making an investment in the future of health care, please contact John Curran at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incubating Health Care Innovations
To remain a leader in the rapidly evolving health care arena, we seek to explore and nurture promising new ideas by formalizing “innovation pathways” for employees across the MaineHealth system to pursue their creativity and passion in pursuit of meaningful innovations in patient care. Two such pathways are the MaineHealth Innovation Cohort and Innovation Center. By partnering with us to provide infrastructure and seed funding for innovation programs, you can help us incubate novel ideas to more rapidly develop and bring patient care advancements to practice.
MaineHealth Institute for Research (MHIR)
In the field of medical research, today’s groundbreaking study could be tomorrow’s lifesaving treatment. The MaineHealth Institute for Research supports and encourages a broad spectrum of research from bench science to translational, clinical, and health services research. Philanthropic investments have catalyzed research projects that have secured expansive federal grant funding.
Special Projects and Funds for Research and Innovation
Donors who wish to designate gifts toward a special project or fund have a variety of options such as:
- The MMC Cancer Research Fund supports groundbreaking cancer research taking place at MaineHealth Institute for Research. Donate Now >
- Dr. Karl C. Sze Cardiovascular Medicine Fellowship Endowment was established by a former patient. Support of this fund will be used to provide opportunities for young doctors to pursue compelling research projects and participate in important cardiovascular conferences around the country. Donate Now >
- Emergency Department Innovation and Education Fund supports the education and innovation projects within MMC's Emergency Department. Donate Now >
- Let’s Go! Childhood Obesity Program supports initiatives to reverse the trend of childhood obesity in Maine. Donate Now >
- Orthopedic Fund for Innovation and Education supports innovation and clinical research to improve Orthopedic patient outcomes, and provide medical education of providers and staff at Maine Medical Center. Donate Now >
For more information on research and innovation initiatives and funding opportunities at Maine Medical Center, please contact John Curran.