Patient & Visitor Experience
We’re here to make your stay more comfortable
Whether you are a MaineHealth patient or visitor, we want your experience to be as pleasant as possible. Read on for information about how to stay connected during a hospital stay, fun ways to pass the time, and more. We look forward to providing you and your loved ones with a supportive and healing environment. Please view our concierge menu.
Stay connected with friends and family
- Need help with the latest technology available on phones, tablets or computers? Tips for Virtually Connecting.
- Medical and care information can also be shared with loved ones. With a MyChart account, you may grant access to friends and family in the portal by selecting the Health folder and clicking “Share My Record.” The help desk number for patients is 855-255-2300.
Entertainment and Online Resources
Interested in watching television programs, movies, virtual tours or connecting to meditation apps or classes?
- Zoom: Stay social and connected! Make it a point to have at least one conversation with a loved one each day. Zoom can be used on all devices/computers with a camera and microphone.
- Meditation resources:
- The Mindfulness Center at Brown University provides three, free live on-line sessions
- Dr. Judson Brewer site for managing stress and anxiety
- Kahn Academy online learning for all ages
- Activities for kids
- Drawing Class
- Lunchtime art with children’s author Mo Willem
- Virtual museum
- Dance Parties, Dance Party, Dance Workout
- NPR Comic for Kids
- Famous Zoos and Aquariums live stream
- New England Aquarium Virtual Visits
- Farm Tours – 360!
- AirPano, 360 Cities and Sites in 3D– Visit locations all over the world virtually with 360-degree videos and photographs.
- Discovery Education offers a wide variety of virtual field trips.
- Google Arts and Culture
- Google Earth
- Google Maps Street View – Type in any address, select street view and explore the area. Not only can you take a virtual trip down the streets, but you can also “step” into many museums and landmarks, such as:
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Mount Everest
- Mount Vernon
- National Aquarium
- Smithsonian Museum of Natural History
- The Statue of Liberty
- Zoo Tours
- Anne Frank House
- Buckingham Palace
- Great Wall of China
- Holy Land Tour
- Houston Zoo
- The Louvre Museum