We want your stay at Maine Medical Center to be as comfortable as possible. Read on for information about how to stay connected during a hospital stay, how to access spiritual care, ways to pass the time and more. We look forward to providing you and your loved ones with a supportive and healing environment.
Customer service representatives are available to welcome you into our facilities and provide assistance with check-in, escorts to your destination and any other questions you may have during your stay. Representatives are located at our entrances and throughout the hospital for your convenience.
We are here to make you stay more comfortable. That's why concierge care is a complimentary service during your hospital stay. Need a phone charger or an extra pillow? We are here to help with non-clinical needs such as games, newspapers and personal care items. View our concierge comfort menu.
Spiritual care professionals can provide a comforting presence to patients and families in times of emotional and spiritual need. Chaplains of many faiths are available to speak to, or pray with patients who request spiritual care. Learn more about spiritual care services.
Connect with Friends and Family
- Need help with the latest technology available on phones, tablets or computers? Tips for connecting virtually.
- Your medical information and test results can also be shared with loved ones via the MyChart patient portal. Select “Share My Record” from the main menu to grant access to a friend or family member. Questions about the MyChart patient portal? Call 855-255-2300.
- Zoom: Stay social and connected! Make it a point to have at least one conversation with a loved one each day. Zoom can be used on all devices/computers with a camera and microphone.
- Meditation resources:
- Dr. Judson Brewer site for managing stress and anxiety
- Kahn Academy online learning for all ages
- Activities for kids
- Drawing Class
- Lunchtime art with children’s author Mo Willem
- Virtual museum
- Dance Parties, Dance Party, Dance Workout
- NPR Comic for Kids
- Famous Zoos and Aquariums live stream
- New England Aquarium Virtual Visits
- Farm Tours – 360!
- AirPano, 360 Cities and Sites in 3D– Visit locations all over the world virtually with 360-degree videos and photographs.
- Discovery Education offers a wide variety of virtual field trips.
- Google Arts and Culture
- Google Earth
- Google Maps Street View – Type in any address, select street view and explore the area. Not only can you take a virtual trip down the streets, but you can also “step” into many museums and landmarks, such as:
- Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Mount Everest
- Mount Vernon
- National Aquarium
- Smithsonian Museum of Natural History
- The Statue of Liberty
- Zoo Tours
- Anne Frank House
- Buckingham Palace
- Great Wall of China
- Holy Land Tour
- Houston Zoo
- The Louvre Museum
Enhancing the patient and family experience across all MMC facilities is a strategic priority for our organization. MMC is committed to fostering a patient-centered care environment in which patients and their families are fully engaged and empowered to take ownership of their health.
We encourage patients to partner with their health care providers to achieve personalized health goals. Efforts to improve patient and family experience are managed by the Director of Patient Experience under the guidance of the inter-personal Patient Experience Leadership Advisory Council. The Patient Experience program also collaborates with and supports the Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC).
MMC's patient experience program includes:
- Providing appropriate education and training to employees and professional staff
- Taking appropriate steps to make the physical environment of care more welcoming
- Implementing evidence-based interventions to improve the patient and family experience, such as: hourly rounding, improving communication with patients and families, adequate pain management, compassionate, empathy training, and more
- Improving and standardizing training for the First Impressions team that includes customer service representatives, operators and volunteers
- Using patient experience provider coaches, scripting and service recovery as appropriate
- Incorporating patient centeredness in recruiting and onboarding of new employees
- Managing and distributing the data from HCAHPS and Real-time surveys
If you have any questions for the Patient Experience team please contact us at email@example.com.