The MaineHealth Behavioral Health Integration (BHI) program helps people get effective and efficient care for mental and behavioral health problems through their primary care providers. Our goal is to streamline the mental, behavioral and physical health care process for patients.
- Primary and specialty care providers are supported in screening for, diagnosing, and managing patients and families with behavioral health issues.
- Primary and specialty care providers and office staff collaborate with behavioral care managers and clinicians to implement individualized strategies for patients and their families.
- Patients receive comprehensive physical and behavioral health care.
- Patients receive services in the most appropriate setting, as determined by patient preference and clinical need. The integrated care team connects patients to specialty behavioral health services as needed.
- Communication and coordination between medical and behavioral health care providers improves overall patient outcomes.
Questions about Primary Care Integration?
If you would like to learn more about this program, please send us an email.