It's the little moments that make the biggest difference.
The difference between good care and great care lies in the moments in-between. From diagnosis to discharge, the MaineHealth Cancer Care Network surrounds you with specialists dedicated to your personal fight. Our providers care about you as much as they care about fighting cancer—always taking the time to brighten your day with simple acts of kindness and support. It's why we are different, and why we’ve treated more cancer patients in Maine and New Hampshire than any other health care system.
You want your home team nearby.
The MaineHealth Cancer Care Network is designed to reduce the need for travel whenever possible by connecting cancer experts with cancer patients, close to home. This powerful collaboration brings together nearly 300 of the most talented cancer care providers in northern New England, with the support of the Harold Alfond® Foundation. The foundation is providing a generous five-year grant that supports our care teams and the technology that connects them.
We provide the best evidence-based cancer services, as close to home as possible. Physicians and patient navigators help patients access care in the most appropriate network locations so they receive the right care, in the right location, while minimizing the time and expense of travel. Our team includes:
- Physicians who have achieved the highest levels of training as surgeons, medical oncologists and radiation oncologists
- Patient navigators who specialize in cancer and help guide patients through their care
- Social workers and nutritionists who provide support that can ease a patient’s experience
We provide the best evidence-based cancer services as close to home as possible. Physicians and patient navigators help patients access care in the most appropriate network locations so they receive the right care, in the right location, while minimizing the time and expense of travel.
- Franklin Memorial Hospital, Farmington
- LincolnHealth-Miles, Damariscotta
- MaineGeneral Medical Center, Augusta
- Maine Medical Center, Portland
- Memorial Hospital, North Conway, NH
- Mid Coast Hospital, Brunswick
- Pen Bay Medical Center, Rockport
- Southern Maine Health Care, Biddeford
- St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center, Lewiston
- Waldo County General Hospital, Belfast
- Western Maine Health, Norway
Care Locations in Our Network
People with cancer may receive a combination of different types of therapies. The map below gives a general overview of these therapies, clinical resources and other services at sites across our network. For further details about a site’s cancer care, visit its website by rolling over the number on the map and clicking once to show name of site and its web link.
About Our Map
Use the map below to zoom in and find where MaineHealth cancer services can be found. The following is a description of terms.
- Diagnostics – Some or all available tests, from blood draws and pathology, to x-rays including body CT/MRI and PET scans
- IV Therapy – The injection of drugs, such as chemotherapy and other supportive medications to address side effects of treatment
- Radiation Oncology – Treatment of cancer and its side-effects using radiation
- Support Services – These may include counseling in nutrition or finances to pay for care, as well as support groups and transportation assistance
- Surgery – Different types of cancer have different surgical approaches that require specialized skills, and the larger hospitals provide the wider range of these specialists.