Master Trainer Session Information
Master Trainer Sessions are offered by MaineHealth. Trainings are held both virtually and in person. Please see available options in the Master Trainer Session Schedule for available dates. The Master Trainer session will provide you with information and materials to implement A Matter of Balance in your community. As a result of the training, you will become a Master Trainer prepared to:
- Recruit and train lay leader Coaches to lead A Matter of Balance (MOB) in-person as well as A Matter of Balance Virtual (MOB-V) classes
- Coordinate the program in your community
- Market the program to older adults
- Evaluate outcomes
What is the cost for a Master Trainer session?
The fee for a Master Trainer session is $2,000 per person. This includes:
- 20 hour training
- License to Use the Matter of Balance Program
- Comprehensive curriculum materials for both in person Matter of Balance (MOB) and the Matter of Balance Virtual Translation (MOB-V)
- Master Trainer Manual
September 18 – 21, 2023
Registration Deadline is August 18
October 10 & 11 & 17
In-person Training Portland, Maine
Registration deadline is September 10
Register for October session.
November 6-9, 2023
Registration deadline is October 6
Register for November session.
December 4-7, 2023
Registration deadline November 4
Register for December session.
For more info, please contact:
Group training by request
Technology Requirements to Attend the Virtual Training
A laptop, desktop or large tablet with two way video and audio are required to register for the virtual Master Trainer Training. Cameras are expected to be on during the training. If your camera is off you will not receive your certification. Using a smart phone is allowed as a supplemental device only.