MaineHealth Care at Home provides a full range of high-quality, home-based health services. Our care is delivered by local teams that include professionally trained nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, home health aides, nutritional counselors and social workers.
With advanced clinical skills and expertise, our clinical team helps patients regain strength after surgery, manage chronic illness, age in place and achieve a higher quality of life. A full range of skilled home health services are available to children and adults including: nursing care, nutritional counseling, emotional support, palliative care, rehabilitative therapies and telehealth.
- In addition, MaineHealth Care at Home offers a full range of community health and wellness programs throughout the service area.
- Hospice services are offered throughout Knox, Waldo and Lincoln counties with short-term hospice care and respite services at the Sussman House, a hospice facility located in Rockport, Maine.
- MaineHealth Care at Home provides care seven days a week -- with 24/7 on-call services -- throughout the York, Cumberland, Lincoln, Knox, Waldo, Sagadahoc and southern Oxford Counties.
MaineHealth Care at Home is a fully licensed 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization and a member of MaineHealth.
Clinical services offered by MaineHealth Care at Home
- Chronic disease management
- IV services
- Wound and ostomy care
- Palliative care (Adult and Pediatric)
- Hospice care
- Home safety evaluations
- Pediatric services
- Maternal & child health promotion services
- Community health & wellness
- Diabetes education & support
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
Referral specialists are available to answer your questions
We will describe the benefits of home care, arrange for services and verify insurance coverage. We accept Medicare, MaineCare and all major private insurances.
For Patients and Caregivers
Patients have the right to choose who will be his/her home care provider. When it is time to make home health care arrangements for you or your loved one, we hope you will place your trust in MaineHealth Care at Home. For over a century, we have been "at home" caring for our patients throughout Southern and Mid-Coast Maine.
If you are not offered MaineHealth Care at Home as a choice for your home care, you may inquire directly to your provider or file a complaint to:
Department of Human Services
(800) 452-1999 (toll free)
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
MaineHealth Care at Home maintains a comprehensive program for outcome-based quality improvement. Our efforts include participation in the National Outcome Based Quality Improvement Program, collaboration with the Northeast Health Care Quality Foundation and utilization of a comprehensive benchmarking service though Strategic Healthcare Programs. In addition to these efforts, we contract with NRC Picker, an industry leader on collecting and analyzing patient experience and satisfaction outcomes.
Important Notice on Quality Measures
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) publishes Home Health Compare for the home health industry. To learn more and review findings go to www.medicare.gov
- Home Care & Hospice Alliance of Maine - A statewide association promoting education and advocacy for the home care industry
- National Association for Home Care