Apply & Contact
MMC participates in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP) and all PGY-1 residents in the institution are selected by this process. We accept applications only through the use of Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). For applications completed by October 8th, invitations for interviews will be issued on or about October 15th. Applications received between October 9th and December 1st will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interviews granted based on availability. Interviews will be offered virtually on Mondays and Fridays.
Interested applicants can review the MMC policy on visas, stipends and benefits, and review a sample MMC contract on the Department of Medical Education page.
- Deans letter
- Medical school transcripts
- USMLE or COMPLEX transcripts—must past Step 1/Part 1 and Step 2/Part 2 with maximum of two attempts
- 3-4 letters of recommendation (at least two of which must be from attending physicians you have worked with at a U.S. teaching hospital)
- International medical graduates must be certified by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Graduation from medical school within 1 year or clinically active in the practice of medicine
- Minimum of 12 months U.S. clinical experience
- We accept J-1 visas only
Medical Education Program Manager
Family Medicine Center
272 Congress Street
Portland, ME 04101
The MMC FMR does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, language, ability/disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic status, military status, geographic region, or any other applicable protected status.