We are committed to transparency and the opportunity for patients and their families to make informed decisions about their health care.
Partnering With You for Patient Safety
Your safety is our number one focus. We know that our commitment to patient safety will also result in the highest quality of care for our community. By taking part in your own care, you can help the members of your health care team keep you safe by:
- Understanding you will be asked regularly during your stay to verify your name and date of birth. This verification is critical to ensuring patient safety.
- Telling your health care team what medications you have been taking, including prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, herbal and vitamin supplements, natural remedies and recreational drugs.
- Telling your health care team about any allergies you may have to any medications, anesthesia, foods, latex products, etc.
- Making sure your health care team checks your hospital identification bracelet before they give you any medications.
- Many people may enter your room, from doctors and nurses to aides. If you are unsure of who they are ask them to identify themselves. All hospital employees wear identification badges.
If you have questions about your care, or would like to provide us with feedback, please call 207-744-6134.