- Call: 207-284-4566
- Fax: 207-282-4148
Physicians and others in the health care community may refer patients via fax: 1-207-775-5521.
In-service Education Opportunities
Upon request, we can arrange in-service education for professional staff on topics such as:
- Home health benefits and services
- Eligibility and reimbursement programs
- Wound care, telehealth, diabetes, rehab programs, post-operative joint replacement services and palliative care
CMS face-to-face (F2F) documentation requirements are part of the eligibility standards for all Medicare home health agencies. When referring to home health, physicians must include documentation that documents:
- Need for skilled services
- Home-bound status
- Services under a physician plan of care
- Face-to-face encounter occurred 90 days prior to, or 30 days within, the home health start of care
Learn more about F2F documentation requirements and print referral/ F2F forms:
- Homebound: What is Medicare Looking For?
- Facility F2F Encounter Form
- Physician Office Referrals
- Physician Office Guidelines
MaineHealth Care at Home maintains a comprehensive program for outcome-based quality improvement. Our efforts include utilization of a comprehensive bench-marking service though Strategic Healthcare Programs. In addition to these efforts, we contract with a national consulting firm to survey our patient satisfaction. CMS publishes Home Health Compare for the home health industry. Learn more and review findings.
Make a difference in your own community. Join the MaineHealth Care at Home team!