Our Annual Giving donors are our most stalwart supporters--the ones who, year after year, step up to support Maine Medical Center's highest priorities. We are deeply grateful for their commitment.
Some give because they want to live in a community where everyone has access to the best care in the world, or because they understand how important a place like Maine Medical Center is to the broader health of the state of Maine. Many of our donors have been patients here at Maine Medical Center, or have had loved ones who have been in our care. All of them believe in our mission of caring for our community, education tomorrow's caregivers, and researching new ways to provide care.
This generosity has had a real impact. The Annual Giving Program raises funds to sustain and enhance important clinical programs and services throughout Maine Medical Center. Recent initiatives supported annual donations include:
- An Addiction Medicine Fellowship to tackle Maine's opioid crisis.
- A research project studying the early signs of Alzheimer's and dementia.
- A renovation of MMC's geriatric Center to improve the patient experience.
How will my Annual Giving donation be used?
When you make your donation, you can choose which of our three major initiatives – Patient Care, Education, or Research – you want it to support, or you can opt for your gift to be "Unrestricted," which means it will be used where the need is greatest.
How will my gift be recognized?
Gifts of any amount, no matter how big or small, help keep our community growing. We are grateful for any and all support, and every gift is acknowledged in writing from the Philanthropy Department. Leadership donors recognition groups include:
- President's Circle of Hope: $5,000 and above
- Leadership Circle: $1,000 to $4,499
- The Legacy Society: Honors and celebrates those individuals who have made a bequest or planned gift in their estate plan. In addition, Annual Giving donors who have given every year for 25 years are considered members of The Legacy Society. Each year, these donors are treated to a special luncheon with some of Maine Medical Center's senior leadership and given an insider's look at the hospital and its plans for the future.