I practice noninvasive cardiology and cardiovascular imaging at multiple sites in Central Maine and Portland, including Maine General Medical Center, Augusta; Thayer Center for Health, Waterville; and Maine Medical Center, Portland. My training started in Ireland where I completed medical school at University College Dublin in 2004. Thereafter, I trained in general internal medicine through the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland (RCPI), followed by completion of a general cardiology fellowship. In 2014, I successfully completed a Masters in Medicine (MD) through Trinity College Dublin and moved to Boston where I completed a Harvard Medical School affiliated fellowship in advanced cardiovascular imaging at Brigham and Women’s Hospital.
I moved to Maine and joined MaineHealth Cardiology in 2016. I thoroughly enjoy meeting patients and their families, in both high acuity inpatient settings and more stable outpatient settings. I work with a wonderful team of people in each site that I practice and can honestly say that I really enjoy my job and every day brings something different. Through my work in collaboration with the oncology group at the Harold Alfond Center for Health, I have also had the opportunity to meet with many wonderful cancer patients, and help assist them with their cardiovascular illnesses/side effects from cancer therapy.
I also enjoy teaching residents in training, fellows and allied health professionals and my current role provides many opportunities to do so.
My general medicine, general cardiology and advanced imaging training to date and my experience over the past two years have equipped me well to serve both cardiology and oncology patients in the communities that I serve. I look forward to meeting many new patients and having many new, exciting and fulfilling patient experiences in the years to come. In my spare time I enjoy spending time with my husband and two beautiful daughters, with different outdoor activities for every wonderful season we have in Maine.
Noninvasive Cardiovascular Imaging, General Cardiology, Cardio-oncology, Training and Education
Education & Credentials
Education & Credentials
- Cardiovascular Disease, Pursuing
- Brigham and Women's Hospital, Advanced Cardiovascular Imaging, 2016
- Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Cardiology, 2008
- Royal College of Surgeons and Physicians, 2014
- Saint James Hospital, Cardiology, 2009
- Royal College of Physicians in Ireland, General Medicine, 2007
- Mater Hospital, Medicine, 2005
- University College Dublin School of Medicine, 2004
- Franklin Memorial Hospital since 2018
- Maine Medical Center since 2016
- Maine Medical Partners since 2016
- MaineGeneral Medical Center since 2016
- MaineHealth Accountable Care Organization since 2016
- MaineHealth Cancer Care Network
- MaineHealth Cardiovascular Services