MaineHealth Joins the Roux Institute as a Founding Partner
January 31, 2020
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact: Kathleen Taggersell
207-661-7582 | email@example.com
PORTLAND, Maine – MaineHealth is pleased to announce it has joined The Roux Institute at Northeastern University, an innovation hub based in Portland, Maine, as a founding partner. The Institute, announced January 27 at an event attended by hundreds of business, government and education leaders, is a new kind of learning institution that will offer programs to prepare people for high-demand jobs, particularly in the life sciences, digital engineering and artificial intelligence (AI).
Technology entrepreneur and Maine native David Roux and his wife Barbara invested $100 million to establish the Institute at Northeastern University, which will focus on certificate, graduate and post-graduate offerings.
“This partnership aligns with our system values and strategic priorities,” said MaineHealth Chief Executive Officer Bill Caron. “As a founding partner, MaineHealth has committed both time and resources to guide and benefit from the Institute’s offerings and impact. This will mean exciting new training and experiential learning opportunities for our team members.”
MaineHealth has the opportunity to influence the Institute’s programming in a way that ensures the format and content of the programs are relevant to MaineHealth and responsive to the dynamic conditions in health care. Working together with the team at the Institute, MaineHealth will:
- Enable career progression and continuous learning for members of the organization
- Attract and support Institute learners to become prospective MaineHealth employees
- Design and execute customized research, innovation, and other initiatives consistent with MaineHealth’s strategic priorities
- Pioneer the state of the art in experiential AI learning and applied research
- Catalyze economic impact and opportunity for the people and business of Maine.
“This announcement is just the beginning of what we are confident will be a strong and fruitful partnership,” said Caron.
More details of MaineHealth’s involvement and the opportunities the Institute presents will be shared in the weeks and months ahead.