Apply & Contact
- MMC supports a total of six Hematology and Oncology Fellowship positions in each of the three years of training. Candidates must have successfully completed three years of internal medicine training in an ACGME-approved residency program and be board-eligible in internal medicine.
- Program applications are accepted through the online Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
- Our program leadership reviews each completed applicant file and makes the decision as to who will be invited for an interview.
- Fellowship positions are offered through the Medical Specialties Matching Program of the National Resident Matching Program.
- Letter from Residency Program Director
- Two additional letters of reference from attending physicians you have worked with at a U.S. teaching hospital during your residency.
- USMLE or COMLEX transcripts
- We accept J-1 Visas only
Program leadership will evaluate each application prior to extending an invitation to interview. Potential interviewees will be notified by telephone or email. A formal interview is required to be considered for our program. We do not review incomplete applications. All interviews will be performed remotely.
Cristi M. Holmes
Program Manager, Hematology/Oncology Fellowship
Maine Medical Center
22 Bramhall Street
Portland, ME 04102