Health Care Scholarship
The deadline for 2021-2022 Scholarship submissions has passed. Applications for the 2022-2023 Scholarships will begin on January 1, 2022. If you have any questions please reach out Kimberly Ward: firstname.lastname@example.org
Waldo County General Hospital Scholarships will be awarded to students enrolled in undergraduate programs leading to careers in a health care related field which include, but are not limited to the following: Nursing, Laboratory, Radiology, Surgical Technicians, Pharmacy Technicians, Therapy Services and Medical Records Coding/Transcription. You may fill out the online form below or download the hardcopy form and mail it to the address below. Either form will be accepted.
The applicant must meet the following criteria:
- A high school graduate (or GED).
- A resident of Waldo County, an employee of Waldo County General Hospital or a child/spouse of an employee.
- Accepted to a school of higher learning and accepted into an accredited health care related program. If not accepted prior to completing this application, the applicant has until April 16, 2021 to provide this information.
- Submission of a completed "Application for Health Care Scholarship" (attached).
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
- Application period: January 1 – March 31, 2021
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Scholarship awards are announced prior to June 1st of each year.
- Scholarships will be paid directly to the school upon receipt of a transcript of grades showing *successful completion of the first semester and proof of enrollment in the second semester.
Return Completed Hard Copy Applications to:
- Scholarship Committee
- Attn: Kimberly Ward, Administration
- Waldo County General Hospital
- 118 Northport Avenue, P. O. Box 287
- Belfast, Maine 04915
*Successful completion is to maintain a 2.5 grade point average (GPA).