Belfast Public Health Nursing
What can Belfast Public Health Nursing do for me?
Here are a few of the things we can do. All services are provided at no cost.
- Help prevent infectious disease from spreading through education, providing treatment, holding community immunization clinics, and monitoring outbreaks.
- Organize blood drives, health screenings, free flu shot clinics, blood pressure clinics and health fairs.
- Share information with the community about a variety of health topics like cessation, obesity risks, nutrition, importance of stress reduction and exercise, and healthy lifestyle choices.
- Work with schools to assist with resource management, food insecurity or oral health care
- Link people to needed health services and assuring the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Work with local emergency management agencies and Waldo County General Hospital to prepare for and respond to emergencies including natural or man-made disasters, bioterrorism, or disease outbreaks.
- Work with the community as a resource on acute and chronic illness and general needs.
Our staff includes:
Susan Young Dupler, RN Belfast Public Health Nurse/RN Care Mgr
Lisa J Reed, RN Belfast Public Health Nursing Association/Population Health Management Dept Manager