Home Health Nurses
Comfort and independence go a long way in the road to recovery. The home health nurses at MaineHealth Care at Home are highly trained, registered nurses who know how to provide the right care, right where patients want to be most: at home.
What is home health nursing?
Through expert clinical care, patient and family education, and compassionate support, our home health nurses coordinate an individualized plan of care to maximize safety, independence, and healing in the comfort of home. Home health nurses provide:
- Education to patients and caregivers on self-care techniques for chronic conditions
- Assistance with medication administration and management
- Monitoring of blood pressure, heart rate and other vital signs
- IV administration and monitoring
- Health monitoring and care plan augmentation
- Wound care support and management
- A means to share health information with providers
- Coordination of services with needed community resources
MaineHealth Care at Home services
Our home health nursing services include:
- Physical assessment
- Skilled monitoring
- Wound care
- Pain management
- Patient education
- Medication Administration
- IV therapy
- Palliative care
- Cardiac care
- Wound and ostomy care
- Community Health
Who needs a home health nurse?
Home health care is provided to people of all ages who require support as follows:
- Transitioning home from a hospital or skilled nursing facility
- Recovering from major surgery, illness or accident
- Facing challenges with advanced chronic disease such as heart failure, respiratory illness, heart disease, etc.
- Seeking support and care with a newly diagnosed health condition