Hypertension Control Toolkit
The Hypertension Control toolkit is for your practice staff to help patients get high blood pressure under control. Included in the toolkit are operational resources, clinical support tools, patient education materials and a list of trainings available for staff. There are many resources your staff can benefit from in order to improve the care and flow in your practice. Please take a few minutes to review the toolkit and share it with your practice.
- Audio: "Blood Pressure Review: Background and Guidelines"
- Audio: "Blood Pressure Training: Using The Best Technique"
- Blood Pressure Competency: Observation Checklist
- Blood Pressure Training Completion Quiz
- Blood Pressure Training Completion Quiz Answer Key
Schedule "Accurate Blood Pressure Measurement" Training for Your Practice
Although blood pressure is measured frequently, studies have shown there is good reason to doubt the accuracy of the readings. Errors in blood pressure measurement greatly increase costs and preventable deaths. MaineHealth’s clinical specialist Ann Cannon, RN, provides on-site training in accurate blood measurement at no cost.
The training will review the basics:
- Update clinicians on current guidelines
- Provide hands-on practice in accurate blood pressure measurement
- MA’s receive CEU’s registered with the AAMA (American Assoc. of MA’s)
- Physicians are eligible for 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 credits and all participants receive a certificate of attendance with 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 credits
The training is an hour and a half, but can be customized for your practice.