Your privacy is important to MaineHealth, including all of our providers, hospitals, practices, and organizations. Our website is not designed to appeal to minors. We do not knowingly attempt to solicit or receive any information from children. Following is an outline of the information we do and do not gather from our site visitors.
Types of Information We Collect
- Non-personal information via technology, such as information about traffic patterns on our website
- Personal information that users provide to us when they register, login or submit forms
- Browsing patterns of devices
- Browsing patterns of known users
How We Collect Your Information
MaineHealth may use third-party vendor remarketing tracking cookies, including Google AdWords’ tracking cookie. This means we may continue to show ads to you across the Internet, specifically on the Google Display Network (GDN).
- As always, we respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of Google’s or any other third-party remarketing system.
We use Sitecore, Siteimprove, Google Analytics and Google Search Console to collect non-personal aggregated use data. Site visitors may also be asked to provide information, such as an email address, a mailing address, and/or a phone number, and credit card information in order to receive some of our services. Visitors may decide to volunteer this additional information to fill out a survey, to make a donation, to register for a program, or to join a mailing list.
Our content management system uses browsing behavior to recommend relevant content. The recommendations are informational and not meant to provide guidance on the care you should receive.
Use of Your Information
- Non-personal information on an aggregated basis may be used make the website more useful to you.
- Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- Personal data collected: Cookie and usage data.
- Place of processing: USA.
If you correspond with us via form submission, email, the postal service, or other form of communication, we may retain such correspondence and the information contained therein and use such to respond to your inquiry and/or notify you of our services, upcoming events, and research projects.
The information we collect is used to provide the services you have requested and may be used to help improve the content of our website. Information collected may be shared with other organizations in the MaineHealth network to provide the services requested.
- Health-Related Benefits and Services. We may send you information that is related to your health care needs. This information will inform you about activities or services that may be of interest to you such as upcoming events, follow-up checks or thank you notes, appointment reminders and health education opportunities including pre-operative, discharge, or other educational instructions.
- Fundraising Activities. We may share information such as your address or phone number. Our foundation may use this information to contact you about raising funds. In these instances, we only would release contact information to our foundation, such as your name, address and phone number.
We have a secure computer room in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your computing environment.
Where MaineHealth partners with a third party to provide website or content delivery services directly to site visitors at that third party, the privacy practices published at the third party will apply to any information provided. Please refer to those third party sites for their privacy policies.