MaineHealth Starting Walk In Vaccinations at Scarborough Downs Clinic
April 29, 2021
PORTLAND, Maine – MaineHealth announced today that it would offer walk-in vaccinations at its Scarborough Downs clinic on Monday and Tuesday, May 3 and 4.
The walk-in vaccinations are for Maine residents 18+, and will be available from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. on those two days. 16- and 17-year-olds can schedule vaccine appointments at vaccine.mainehealth.org.
“Vaccination is the most important step everyone can take to keep themselves, their families and their communities healthy,” said Joel Botler, M.D., Maine Medical Center’s Chief Medical Officer and President of Maine Medical Partners. “Our amazing team of health care professionals and wonderful volunteers is ready to help people take that step – and we are pleased to offer safe and easy walk-in vaccinations at Scarborough Downs.”
MaineHealth plans to offer more walk-in dates as supply allows. Information will be shared via social media and at vaccine.mainehealth.org.
The clinic is located at 2 Scarborough Downs Road, Scarborough. Please use the Scarborough Downs Payne Road entrance. The Route One entrance is closed and there is no access from Sawyer Road.
When coming to the Scarborough Downs clinic for vaccination, please bring:
- Photo ID with your date of birth
- Proof of Maine residency (Maine driver's license, state identification card, or a utility bill with your name and Maine address)
- Your health insurance card if you have one (insurance is not required to get vaccinated)
When you get to the clinic:
- Leave large bags and backpacks at home or in your vehicle.
- A MaineHealth care team member will screen you for COVID-19 symptoms. You must be symptom free for at least 48 hours prior to being allowed into the vaccine clinic.
- You will need to wear a mask over your nose and mouth at all times. View CDC masking guidelines.
- You will be asked to sign the MaineHealth Vaccine Consent Form. Please read it in advance.
- The vaccine will be provided at no cost to you, regardless of insurance coverage.
After Your Appointment:
- You will receive a CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card. Keep this card in a safe place.
- You will be asked to wait for 15-30 minutes of observation time.
About Maine Medical Center
Maine Medical Center (MMC), recognized as a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News and World Report for 2020-2021, is a complete health care resource for the people of Greater Portland and the entire state, as well as northern New England. Incorporated in 1868, MMC is the state’s largest medical center, licensed for 637 beds and employing more than 9,600 people. MMC's unique role as both a community hospital and a referral center requires an unparalleled depth and breadth of services, including an active educational program and a world-class biomedical research center. As a nonprofit institution, Maine Medical Center provides nearly 23 percent of all the charity care delivered in Maine. MMC is part of the MaineHealth system, a growing family of health care services in northern New England. For more information, visit www.mmc.org.