SMHC Welcomes Seven New Physicians
October 18, 2018
Southern Maine Health Care (SMHC) is pleased to welcome seven new primary and specialty care physicians. If you wish to schedule an appointment with any of our new physicians, please call SMHC’s Find a Doctor Helpline at (866) 436-6168.
- William Cullen, M.D. specializes in Internal Medicine. He graduated from New Jersey Medical School and completed his residency at The George Washington University Medical Center. Dr. Cullen has joined SMHC from John Hopkins and is practicing at SMHC Internal Medicine located at 72 Main Street in Kennebunk.
- Kelly Hayday, M.D. specializes in Family Medicine. She graduated from University of Missouri Columbia School of Medicine and completed her residency there as well. Dr. Hayday is practicing at SMHC Family Medicine located at 2 Livewell Drive in Kennebunk.
- Marco Cornelio, M.D. specializes in Family Medicine. He graduated from Tufts University School of Medicine and completed his residency at UMass Memorial Hospital – Memorial Campus. Dr. Cornelio is practicing at SMHC Family Medicine located at 2 Livewell Drive in Kennebunk.
- Catherine Boucher-Cornelio, D.O. specializes in Family Medicine. She graduated from University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine and completed her residency at Williamsport Hospital and Medical Center. Dr. Boucher-Cornelio is practicing at SMHC Family Medicine located at 13 Industrial Park Road in Saco.
- Marisa Burla, D.O. specializes in Family Medicine. She graduated from Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine and completed her residency at Beaumont Hospital – Farmington Hills. Dr. Burla is practicing at SMHC Family Medicine located at 13 Industrial Park Road in Saco.
- Thanh Truong, M.D. specializes in Family Medicine. She graduated from Drexel University College of Medicine and completed her residency at Carolinas Medical Center. Dr. Troung is practicing at SMHC Family Medicine located at 13 Industrial Park Road in Saco.
- Meredith Mayo, M.D. specializes in Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine. She graduated from Emory University School of Medicine and completed her residency at University of Colorado School of Medicine in General and Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Mayo was fellowship-trained at Stanford University – Department of Orthopedic Surgery. She is practicing at SMHC Orthopedics and Sports Medicine with offices at 46 Barra Road in Biddeford and 25A June Street in Sanford.
About Southern Maine Health Care
Southern Maine Health Care (SMHC) is a national award-winning healthcare system with a non-profit mission “to improve the health and health care of the communities we serve.” SMHC includes a full service, acute care medical center in Biddeford, with York County’s only inpatient mental health unit. Emergency care, surgical services, and diagnostic and therapy services are available at SMHC’s Medical Centers in Biddeford and Sanford. SMHC offers primary care and multi-specialty physician services, diagnostic and therapy services, and Walk-In Care centers in various York County communities including Biddeford, Kennebunk, Saco, Sanford and Waterboro. SMHC is Joint Commission accredited and has been recognized for quality excellence by numerous outside organizations. To learn more about SMHC and SMHC providers, visit smhc.org, https://www.youtube.com/c/smhcorgme, or https://twitter.com/SMHCHealth.
News from Around MaineHealthView All
MaineHealth Local Hospital Systems Recognized for Tobacco-Free Achievements
Twelve hospitals and affiliates celebrated for leadership through annual Gold Star Standards of Excellence program.
Southern Maine Health Care puts new visitation restrictions in place in response to COVID-19
The new rules are effective Wednesday, November 18 for Southern Maine Health Care locations and medical practices. They are intended to safeguard patients, visitors and care team members during the ongoing pandemic.
Southern Maine Health Care opens COVID-19 Testing Site in Waterboro
The site at 10 Goodall Drive in East Waterboro will open on Nov. 11 for COVID-19 testing for patients without symptoms.
MaineHealth’s Access to Care team connects Mainers with coverage during 2021 Open Enrollment
MaineHealth’s Access to Care team is prepared to assist and educate Mainers in shopping for health insurance plans during the Open Enrollment period, which runs November 1 through December 15.
MaineHealth taps Boston Children’s physician with strong information technology background to lead its IT department
Daniel J. Nigrin, MD, is a pediatric endocrinologist who was drawn to the important role that technology plays in delivering world-class health care.
Southern Maine Health Care and Maine Behavioral Healthcare open new behavioral health units in Sanford
The project triples the number of short-stay behavioral health beds in York County.
MaineHealth Earns 2020 CHIME Digital Health Most Wired Recognition
The CHIME Digital Health Most Wired program conducts an annual survey to assess how effectively healthcare organizations apply core and advanced technologies into their clinical and business programs to improve health and care in their communities.
SMHC Offering Free Mammograms for Women Without Insurance in October
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and Southern Maine Health Care (SMHC) is offering free mammograms to women in the community age 40 or older without active breast problems who do not have insurance.
SMHC Expands Spiritual and Pastoral Care Services and Welcomes Director, Chaplain Shelly Snow
Snow to oversee the expansion of spiritual and pastoral care services for SMHC’s patients, visitors, care team and community.