Cardiopulmonary Care and Respiratory Therapy
Our Cardiopulmonary team offers many therapies, diagnostics and instructions to help our community live life to their healthiest and fullest. We are here to serve our community 24/7. All diagnostics are available by physician referral and appointment.
- Pulmonary testing to determine;
- Obstructive lung disease such as Chronic Pulmonary Disease.
- Restrictive lung disease such as Interstitial Fibrosis.
- Environmental, Exercise, or Cold Air induced Asthma.
- Exertional Shortness of Breath.
- Overnight Pulse Oximetry to determine;
- Depletion of Oxygen in the blood stream during sleep.
- Cardiac Monitoring
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- 24-hour or 48-Hour Holter Monitoring.
- Event Monitoring.
- Cardiac Exercise Tolerance Testing
- Exercise Tolerance Testing with treadmill exercise.
- Nuclear Medicine Testing with Myoview Injection
- Pre and post, or, without treadmill exercise.
- Stress Echo testing pre and post treadmill exercise.
- Oxygen Therapy
- Inhalation Therapy via Nebulizer or Inhalers
- Chest Physical Therapy to remove lung secretions
- Non-invasive BIPAP and CPAP therapy
- Invasive ventilation and life support
- Respiratory Care for both acute and chronic diseases
- Diaphragmatic and Pursed Lip breathing techniques.
- Proper use of all types of Inhaled Medications.
- Conservation of Oxygen during activities of daily living.
- Secretion Clearance techniques.
- Smoking and Tobacco cessation
- Asthma and COPD Education
The respiratory therapists, in collaboration with the medical team, participate in patient assessments, make appropriate clinical decisions and modify care according to evidence based clinical protocols. They are part of a skilled inter-disciplinary team dedicated to high quality patient care with a focus on treating people with health care issues affecting the cardiopulmonary system such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, pneumonia, cardiovascular disorders, and trauma. Our Respiratory Therapists are board-certified in respiratory therapy and many hold additional certifications and training.
Latest NewsView All
Maine Behavioral Healthcare and USM Present ‘Resilience from Trauma During the Time of Covid-19’
Dr. Christine Runyan, Professor of Family Medicine and Community Health at the UMass Chan Medical School, will deliver the keynote address, 'Fostering Your Innate Resilience,' for the daylong symposium on Nov. 5
Public invited to discuss Franklin County Community Health Needs Assessment
Franklin Community Health Network and Franklin County community partners and stakeholders are hosting a forum for the Maine Shared Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) to discuss the Franklin County health profile on Wednesday, November 3rd from 5-7 pm.
Doctor Joins Franklin Health Pediatrics
Dr. Heather Lynn’s clinical interests include preventative care, asthma management, and healthy eating
Maine Behavioral Healthcare Announces Opening of World Class Autism and Developmental Disorders Treatment Facility
The new Glickman Lauder Center of Excellence in Autism and Developmental Disorders provides comprehensive services to treat toddlers to adults in Maine.