COVID-19 Testing at Memorial Hospital
Memorial Hospital performs COVID-19 PCR testing for:
During a COVID-19 PCR test, a clinician inserts a swab into your nose. A positive result means that you currently have COVID-19 and can spread the disease to others. A negative result means that you most likely do not have an active COVID-19 infection. A negative test result does not mean that you are immune from the virus. Memorial Hospital does not perform the COVID-19 anti-body test.
How do I get a COVID-19 test at Memorial Hospital?
Except for symptomatic testing of individuals experiencing a medical emergency or who require immediate attention, all COVID-19 tests require an appointment to ensure patient safety and social distancing.
- Symptomatic Testing for People with Severe Symptoms: If you are experiencing a medical emergency and/or need immediate attention, please come to the Memorial Hospital Emergency Department. Emergency Department staff will evaluate you and perform required testing based on your symptoms. All patients and visitors must wear a mask.
- Symptomatic Testing for People with Mild Symptoms: If your symptoms of COVID-19, are mild, please call your primary care provider for instructions. You can also call 603-356-0673 to schedule a test. AN APPOINTMENT IS REQUIRED FOR SYMPTOMATIC TESTING OF INDIVIDUALS WITH MILD SYMPTOMS. If you are experiencing a medical emergency and/or need immediate attention, please come to the Memorial Hospital Emergency Department. Follow signs from the hospital’s main entrance on Route 16 to the Testing Center and proceed to the Testing Lane.
- Asymptomatic Testing: AN APPOINTMENT IS REQUIRED FOR ASYMPTOMATIC TESTING. If you do not have COVID-19 symptoms but believe you may have been exposed OR require a test for special circumstances (such as participation in a school or work activity) call 603-356-0673 to make an appointment. Follow signs from the hospital’s main entrance on Route 16 to the Testing Center and proceed to the Testing Lane.
- Same-day appointments for both COVID-19 testing and further evaluation of related symptoms: Primary care patients with COVID-19 symptoms who require a negative test result to return to school or work, can request a same-day visit at Memorial Hospital’s Mt. Washington Valley Rural Health Primary Care. A clinician will collect a COVID-19 test specimen and perform an examination to diagnose or rule out other respiratory conditions such as influenza. Primary care practice patients may call 603-356-5472 to make a same-day appointment.
- Most insurance providers will cover the cost of the test. Check with your insurance provider. Uninsured New Hampshire residents may be eligible for the NHEasy Testing program.
- Pre-Operative Testing: A COVID-19 test is required for all patients scheduled for a medical procedure. Pre-operative testing is done by appointment only, 72 hours prior to the procedure, at the Scheduled COVID Testing Center located behind the hospital adjacent to our Emergency Department. Your surgical provider will help schedule your appointment. Your procedure may be rescheduled if your test result is positive. Follow signs from the hospital’s main entrance on Route 16 to the Testing Center and proceed to the Testing Lane.
- COVID-19 Testing Fee: NorDX, Memorial Hospital’s testing lab, charges $105 for a COVID-19 test. Memorial Hospital also charges a $35 collection fee for tests performed in the Testing Center or in the Emergency Department.
How do I get my test result?
Test results are available through our patient portal, MyChart. Information on MyChart registration will be provided at the time of the test. For adolescent patients (ages 12-17), test results are not available via MyChart and should be obtained through their provider’s office.
What should I do if my test result is positive?
If your COVID-19 test is positive, follow the guidelines for isolation that were provided to you when you were tested. Learn more about how to protect yourself and your family.