At Maine Medical Partners – Cardiovascular Surgery we have one goal: to improve the quality of life for each of our patients. Our team dedicates its expertise, strengths, and compassion to meet that goal.
The cardiovascular surgery team is made is up of surgeons, physician assistants, nurses, and administrative professionals. The cardiovascular surgeons at Maine Medical Partners – Cardiovascular Surgery are among the finest in the world.
Together, our team understands what you and your family are going through, medically and emotionally. We know the fears and frustrations you face, and how to help you every step of the way. Of the 20,000 operations we’ve performed, yours is the most important.
- Arrhythmia Surgery, including minimally invasive atrial fibrillation surgery (Convergent Maze)
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Valve Repair and Replacement Operations, including minimally invasive approaches
- Reoperative Open Heart Surgery
- Congenital Heart Surgery, including adult congenital heart operations
- Heart Failure Surgery, including high-risk coronary and valve operations and temporary and durable cardiac support devices. This includes left ventricular assist devices (LVAD).
- Transcatheter Aortic (TAVR) and Mitral Valve Repair and Replacement
- Thoracic Aortic Surgery (spanning the aortic root, ascending, arch, descending and thoracoabdominal segments with open, endovascular and hybrid techniques)
- Transmyocardial Revascularization, which is aimed at improving blood flow to areas of the heart that were not treated by angioplasty or surgery
- Carotid Endarterectomy for Carotid Stenosis, a common vascular surgical procedure which may help prevent the risk of having a stroke