Apply & Contact
How to Apply
Residents in Pediatrics at The Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital at Maine Medical Center are selected for training based on each applicant’s preparedness, ability, aptitude and academic qualifications as defined by the Program Director in consultation with the Director of Graduate Medical Education, the Chair of the Department of Pediatrics and members of the Pediatric Recruitment and Selection Committee.
- Current enrollment in or graduation from medical school within the past 5 years
- Submission of ERAS application, MSPE, all medical school transcripts, and personal statement
- Three letters of recommendation from physicians with whom you have worked directly
- Passing USMLE or COMLEX Step 1
- “hands on” clinical experience in the US, UK or Canada will be taken into consideration but is not required
- Certified or certification-eligible through the ECFMG (valid through the commencement of residency)*
- US citizenship, immigrant status or J-1 visa eligibility*
*Required for International Medical Graduates (IMGs)
Applicants must use the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) to apply. Prior to being selected as a match applicant, each candidate must be interviewed on site in order to assess personal qualities such as motivation, integrity and the ability to communicate. Such interviews are scheduled at the discretion of the Residency Recruitment Committee.
For the 2021-2022 interview season, all interviews will take place virtually (not in person). Interviews will be conducted from mid-November through mid-January. Our interview days will provide applicants with the opportunity to speak with residents, faculty, our administrative team, and the Chair of Pediatrics. For those medical students who are interested in learning more about a particular aspect of our program prior to the start of interview season, we offer the opportunity for a virtual meeting with one of our Pediatric Program Ambassadors. Please contact Melissa Victory for further information.
Melissa Victory, MS
Pediatric Residency Program Manager
Maine Medical Center Pediatric Residency Program
22 Bramhall Street P1A #1233
Portland, ME 04102