In 1995, Maine had the 14th highest proportion of elderly nationwide and this is expected to increase to the 12th highest in the country by the year 2025. By 2030, Maine will have the second highest percentage of population aged 65 and older in the United States.
Our goal to improve the health, wellness, and quality of care for the elderly people of Maine is built on a foundation for Maine's elderly that encompasses all aspects of geriatric care. The Division of Geriatrics at Maine Medical Center is focused on meeting the unique needs of our senior citizens, as seen in our:
- geriatric programs expansion
- newly developed resources specifically for seniors
- strengthened MaineHealth and community partnerships
- dedicated facility that better serves the needs of our elder population
- access to healthcare practitioners specifically trained in geriatrics
Whether it is you or a loved one, remember that growing older is an experience we all share - and it doesn't mean giving up a healthy, active lifestyle. We understand the importance of maintaining your well-being as you grow older and are dedicated to providing family-centered treatments that improve the quality of life for you and your loved ones.