Education & Training
The MaineHealth Education & Training department helps providers, patients, community members and health professionals access credible, up-to-date and understandable health information. We offer:
- Health educator consultations
- Patient education material development and review
- Health coaching
- Lending libraries
- Staff trainings
- Healthy lifestyle classes
We can help you engage, educate and connect with patients to improve health outcomes.
Increase patient engagement with:
- Health literacy review (plain language): Improve patient education materials so patients can understand what they need to do to stay healthy.
- Focus group facilitation: Discover if your services are meeting the needs of your patients.
- Staff education: Build your staff's competencies around patient-centered communication.
- Patient education: Connect with us for reliable and relevant health information to meet your patients' needs.
- Podcasts: We can help you record podcasts.
- Wellness & health coach training: Learn how to use coaching tools and techniques to help motivate and support your patients who are trying to make healthy changes for life.
Learning Resource Center
Our learning resource center has information on a wide variety of health topics and specializes in providing information to patients and families who are dealing with cancer.