Health & Well-Being Programs
There is no time more important than today to set a personal well-being goal, and you will be more successful when combined with a plan and vision on what you want to achieve. Try setting some small goals over the next month. Stay focused, create new habits and have fun! Need some help to get started? We are pleased to provide you with resources to help you succeed.
The following programs and resources are available to employees:
Our WOW! Health & Well-being programs are available to MaineHealth employees and their spouse/partners who are interested in receiving support and expert guidance in their quest for improving their health. These programs are free and offered at various times through the year. Please note that some programs are only available to benefits-eligible employees.
- Registered Dietitian - Work with a food and nutrition expert to develop a personal food plan and much more.
- Healthy Paybacks puts dollars back in your pocket for participating in health and wellness activities through the Healthy Paybacks Program. All MaineHealth employees are eligible for $100 eligible activities.
- Diabetes Prevention Program - This program is a lifestyle change program for preventing type 2 diabetes. The program is free for all MaineHealth team members and you can earn up to 23,000 Virgin Pulse points.
Lifestyle Change, Diabetes Prevention
The Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) can help you adopt lifelong healthy habits and significantly decrease your risk of developing type 2 diabetes. This program follows guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and is designed for people who have been diagnosed with prediabetes or who are at risk and want to make a healthy lifestyle change. MaineHealth employees have two opportunities to participate in the DPP:
MaineHealth Diabetes Prevention Program
MaineHealth Diabetes Prevention Program(Structured class schedule, trained lifestyle instructor and peer support—offered live, online and in-person)
MaineHealth offers the Diabetes Prevention Program at no cost to all eligible* employees and family members that can help you make modest lifestyle changes and reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes. Losing weight and making lifestyle changes can feel intimidating even if you know it can lead to better health. With this proven program you get:
- Expert guidance: A trained lifestyle coach will share knowledge and tools to help you reduce stress, get more physical activity, and eat healthier. You will learn how to become a calorie detective, how to fit physical activity into a busy schedule, and much more.
- A supportive community: You don't have to do this alone. Group support and discussion with others who share similar goals and struggles will help keep it fun!
- Results: This is a year-long program focused on permanent lifestyle changes. Weekly check-ins will help you stay on track and provide an opportunity to reconnect with your coach and peers. A year may sound like a long commitment, but learning new skills, creating new habits and gaining confidence takes time. As you become more active and start eating better, you’ll notice changes in how you look and feel.
- Employees can earn up to 23,000 Virgin Pulse points for meeting key milestones of the program
*Could you have prediabetes? Take the test and find a class that is convenient for you.
If you previously participated in the MaineHealth Diabetes Prevention Program there is the potential that you could re-enroll in the program by meeting certain criteria. Please call the MaineHealth prevention Program at 207-661-7294 for more information.
Lark Diabetes Prevention Program
Lark Diabetes Prevention Program
(Self-paced, digital program with 24/7 access to your coach)
Anthem has teamed up with Lark to offer a diabetes prevention program at no cost to MaineHealth benefits enrolled* employees. Over the course of this year-long program, you will learn to apply changes to eating routines, physical activity, sleep habits, stress management, and more through interactive coaching.
Your Lark coach provides personalized support and guidance in several areas to help reduce your risk of developing type 2 diabetes, including:
- Weight loss and weight management
- Prediabetes-specific nutrition
- Weekly prediabetes education, with daily check-ins to help you stay on track
- Stress management and identifying stress triggers
- Sleep and physical activity
Employees can earn up to 23,000 Virgin Pulse points for meeting key milestones of the program.
How do I get started?
First, visit lark.com/anthem and take the one-minute Prediabetes Risk Test to determine if you are at risk for prediabetes. If the test indicates that you have prediabetes or are likely to have prediabetes, you’ll be given a link to download Lark from the App Store® or Google Play™. You can begin interacting with your digital Lark coach immediately. Scan this QR code with your smartphone and take the one-minute quiz to determine your risk.
*Who is eligible to participate?
MaineHealth benefits enrolled employees can enroll in the Lark Program, at no cost as part of your Anthem health benefits, and includes access to the mobile app. The wireless connected scale also comes at no extra cost.
Learn more about Lark Diabetes Prevention Program frequently asked questions.
Stress Reduction and Management
- Stress Management and Resiliency Resources - Explore educational topics, relaxation practices, and additional resources that can help you to increase your ability to live life more in balance.
- Stress Free Now - Cleveland Clinic's clinically proven, 6-week online course teaches you how to practice relaxation techniques and gives you real-life strategies for managing your body's reaction to stress. This program offers lifetime access and is eligible for Healthy Paybacks.
- HealthAdvocate - HealthAdvocate is a 24/7 free and confidential resource program designed to provide support, information and referrals for issues like handling stress and overload, navigating the health care system, finding child care and so much more.