If your child has an eye problem, experiences difficulty with a vision screening exam, or needs medical treatment for an illness affecting the eyes, our pediatric ophthalmologists have the experience and qualifications to provide the most thorough and advanced treatment.
Through our affiliation with the Maine Eye Center, northern New England’s largest eye specialty practice, The Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital offers the most advanced eye care in southern Maine.
Conditions, Diagnosis & Treatment
Learn more about conditions we treat, diagnosis and treatment options we offer.
- Capillary hemangiomas
- Complex eye infections
- Inherited eye diseases
- Nasolacrimal (tear duct) disorders
- Ocular allergy
- Ocular cancers including retinoblastoma
- Pediatric glaucoma (high eye pressure)
- Refractive errors
- Retinopathy of prematurity
- Stargardt's disease
- Systemic diseases that affect the eyes, such as diabetes or metabolic disorders
Our ophthalmology specialists provide diagnostic and treatments for a range of eye conditions, including:
- Visual field testing
- Optical coherence tomography (OCT)
- Surgery, microsurgery and laser surgery
- Eye patching
- Eye glasses and contact lenses
- Eye drops and other medications
- Eye exercises
- Probing, irrigation and nasal lacrimal tube placement to treat blocked tear ducts