Spring Harbor Hospital provides outpatient team-based care to children and adults in the Portland area. As a department of Spring Harbor Hospital, this community-based service benefits from connection with southern Maine's only private psychiatric treatment and recovery center. Offices are shared with Maine Behavioral Healthcare at 165 Lancaster Street, in Portland.
Who is outpatient team-based care for?
A health care professional may recommend this program for adults who:
- Are currently receiving treatment at a psychiatric hospital
- Attend an outpatient or partial hospital program
- Have been seen and evaluated by our crisis team
Participation in this program is voluntary.
What is outpatient team-based care?
Outpatient team-based care offers individual treatment plans for patients who could benefit from a team approach. Some people who may benefit from this include people who:
- Need more help than traditional outpatient psychiatry or therapy provides
- Are transitioning home from an inpatient stay
- Are transitioning from an assertive community treatment (ACT) team
What are the benefits of team-based care?
- Easy access to your care team
- Shorter and fewer hospital stays by connecting you with more support in the community
- Higher patient satisfaction and self-efficacy
- Psychiatric and counseling treatments that are evidence-based
Who's on the team?
You are the most important member of the team-based care team. Your primary care provider (PCP) will also be an important member of your care team. Your care team may include some or all of these people:
- Psychiatric prescriber
- Psychiatric nurse practitioner
- Registered nurse
- Psychiatric social worker
- Medical assistant
- Employment specialist
- Peer support
- Case manager
Where are you located?
We currently offer intensive team-based care at the following location with plans to open offices in the future:
MaineHealth – Behavioral Health
Lancaster Street Portland
A Department of Spring Harbor Hospital
165 Lancaster Street, Suite C
Portland, ME 04101
Office Phone: 207-661-3500
Alternate Phone: 1-844-292-0111