Patient Billing Statement
MaineHealth bills provide you and your family with more information in one place. We consolidate billing information from multiple MaineHealth hospitals and care providers in a single, consolidated statement. View a sample of your consolidated statement.
About your patient statement
- You are responsible for MaineHealth service costs that your health care insurance does not cover.
- If you do not have health insurance, your statement will show that we are billing you for the total cost of services provided.
- If you do have health insurance, your statement will show that we are billing you for the cost of services provided after all insurance carriers have paid their portion of the charges.
- Once all health insurance carriers have paid their portion of charges, MaineHealth will send you a consolidated statement showing the amount due from you.
- If you cannot pay your bill, look for information on your statement about programs available to help you pay your hospital bills. Learn more about patient financial assistance.
Questions? Contact us
We are here to help with your billing and finance questions. Contact the MaineHealth Patient Financial Services department Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm at 207-887-5100 or toll free at 866-804-2499. You can also complete our contact form.
Here's what happens to accounts past due
The patient consolidated statement provides an important message for you on the collection process, for example: “Please pay upon receipt of this statement” or “Your account is past due. Please remit upon receipt of this statement”.
If you do not pay the amount due upon receipt of this patient consolidated statement MaineHealth will continue sending patient consolidated statements approximately 30 days apart. If you do not pay the amount due or establish a monthly payment plan, your account will be sent to our outside collection agency.
If you have established a monthly payment plan with MaineHealth, the installment amount will be billed to you monthly.
This monthly patient consolidated statement will provide details of new activity and any new amounts due on the account, for example, if you make a payment, the next statement will reflect that payment.