Miles & St. Andrews Home Health & Hospice Joins MaineHealth Care at Home
October 16, 2018
“Strengthening Health Care at Home…Where You Belong”
On October 1, 2018, we celebrated an important milestone as Miles & St. Andrews Home Health & Hospice joined together with MaineHealth at Care at Home.
This latest merger brings to reality the full consolidation of member home health and hospice agencies into one organization, MaineHealth Care at Home. With a stronger foundation, we will expand the benefits of home health and hospice across a large and diverse service area as we aim to:
- Deliver excellence in patient care by developing the skill sets of clinicians through education and certifications.
- Strengthen the delivery of home health and hospice services through advocacy, collaboration, and engaged leadership.
- Advance clinical programs by aligning and standardizing care with our system partners.
- Research and implement innovative technology that will leverage clinical resources.
- Improve population health by deploying clinical resources and telehealth technology to underserved populations.
MaineHealth Care at Home will maintain offices in the Damariscotta region with the local team of clinicians continuing to deliver home health and hospice services to the residents of Knox, Waldo, and Lincoln counties. Kathy Bean, Executive Director of Miles & St. Andrews will serve as the new Clinical Director for the expanded MidCoast region.
“We believe this merger will strengthen our clinical delivery system,” commented MSAHHH Executive Director Kathy Bean, “and help us be more efficient as reimbursement from government payers (such as Medicare) declines. We’re also excited about having better access to innovative technologies like telemedicine,” she added.
Agency leaders are confident that the organizational transition will not affect the continuity, availability, or quality of patient care, and that Damariscotta region patients can expect to receive the same full range of services provided by professionally trained and experienced nurses, therapists, health aides and social workers. “As a combined entity,” noted Donna DeBlois, CEO and President of MaineHealth Care at Home, “we will be stronger, and in a better position to care for the aging population in the coastal region of our state.”
For more information please contact Mia Millefoglie, Vice President Development & Marketing at MaineHealth Care at Home at 1-800-660-4867 or go to www.mainehealthcareathome.org.