Repiratory Therapy | Cardiopulmonary Care
Memorial Hospital offers a wide range of respiratory and cardiopulmonary therapy services—including diagnostics, treatment and education. Our goal is to help people in our local community live their healthiest life possible.
Our respiratory therapists, in collaboration with each patient's medical team, participate in patient assessments, make appropriate clinical decisions and modify care according to evidence based clinical protocols. They are part of a skilled inter-disciplinary team dedicated to high quality patient care with a focus on treating people with health care issues affecting the cardiopulmonary system such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, pneumonia, cardiovascular disorders and trauma. Our respiratory therapists are board-certified in respiratory therapy and many hold additional certifications and training.
Service are available by physician referral and appointment.
- General Inquiries: 603-356-5461 ext 2130
- Appointment Scheduling: 603-356-4905
- Pulmonary testing to determine;
- Obstructive lung disease such as Chronic Pulmonary Disease.
- Restrictive lung disease such as Interstitial Fibrosis.
- Environmental, Exercise, or Cold Air induced Asthma.
- Exertional Shortness of Breath.
- Overnight Pulse Oximetry to determine;
- Depletion of Oxygen in the blood stream during sleep.
- Cardiac Monitoring
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- 24-hour or 48-Hour Holter Monitoring.
- Event Monitoring.
- Cardiac Exercise Tolerance Testing
- Exercise Tolerance Testing with treadmill exercise.
- Nuclear Medicine Testing with Myoview Injection
- Pre and post, or, without treadmill exercise.
- Stress Echo testing pre and post treadmill exercise.
- Oxygen Therapy
- Inhalation Therapy via Nebulizer or Inhalers
- Chest Physical Therapy to remove lung secretions
- Non-invasive BIPAP and CPAP therapy
- Invasive ventilation and life support
- Respiratory Care for both acute and chronic diseases
- Diaphragmatic and Pursed Lip breathing techniques.
- Proper use of all types of Inhaled Medications.
- Conservation of Oxygen during activities of daily living.
- Secretion Clearance techniques.
- Smoking and Tobacco cessation
- Asthma and COPD Education
Ready to quit tobacco? Free support services are available near you.
- Learn more about free services in New Hampshire through Quit Now NH.
- Learn more about free services in Maine through Maine QuitLink.