Cardiopulmonary Care and Respiratory Therapy
Our Cardiopulmonary team offers many therapies, diagnostics and instructions to help our community live life to their healthiest and fullest. We are here to serve our community 24/7. All diagnostics are available by physician referral and appointment.
- Pulmonary testing to determine;
- Obstructive lung disease such as Chronic Pulmonary Disease.
- Restrictive lung disease such as Interstitial Fibrosis.
- Environmental, Exercise, or Cold Air induced Asthma.
- Exertional Shortness of Breath.
- Overnight Pulse Oximetry to determine;
- Depletion of Oxygen in the blood stream during sleep.
- Cardiac Monitoring
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- 24-hour or 48-Hour Holter Monitoring.
- Event Monitoring.
- Cardiac Exercise Tolerance Testing
- Exercise Tolerance Testing with treadmill exercise.
- Nuclear Medicine Testing with Myoview Injection
- Pre and post, or, without treadmill exercise.
- Stress Echo testing pre and post treadmill exercise.
- Oxygen Therapy
- Inhalation Therapy via Nebulizer or Inhalers
- Chest Physical Therapy to remove lung secretions
- Non-invasive BIPAP and CPAP therapy
- Invasive ventilation and life support
- Respiratory Care for both acute and chronic diseases
- Diaphragmatic and Pursed Lip breathing techniques.
- Proper use of all types of Inhaled Medications.
- Conservation of Oxygen during activities of daily living.
- Secretion Clearance techniques.
- Smoking and Tobacco cessation
- Asthma and COPD Education
The respiratory therapists, in collaboration with the medical team, participate in patient assessments, make appropriate clinical decisions and modify care according to evidence based clinical protocols. They are part of a skilled inter-disciplinary team dedicated to high quality patient care with a focus on treating people with health care issues affecting the cardiopulmonary system such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, pneumonia, cardiovascular disorders, and trauma. Our Respiratory Therapists are board-certified in respiratory therapy and many hold additional certifications and training.
Latest NewsView All
MaineHealth Awarded $1.2 Million Federal Grant for Statewide Overdose Prevention
Project DHARMA is a collaboration between MaineHealth and several other organizations across the state to prevent overdoses and infections through harm reduction programs.
Stephens Memorial Hospital to Host Access to Care Open House on June 29th
Stephens Memorial Hospital will hold an open house to celebrate MaineHealth’s Access to Care program, which for 20 years has connected our community’s most vulnerable populations to affordable health insurance and free and low cost health care and medications.
MaineHealth Free Food as Medicine Program
MaineHealth is offering a free one-year Food as Medicine program (FAM) to support individuals with one or more chronic health conditions who have limited access to healthy food.
Pen Bay Medical Center is nationally recognized for its commitment to providing high-quality AFib care
The American Heart Association presents the Get With The Guidelines - AFIB Gold award for proven dedication to ensuring all AFib patients have access to best practices and life-saving care