Cardiopulmonary Care and Respiratory Therapy
Our Cardiopulmonary team offers many therapies, diagnostics and instructions to help our community live life to their healthiest and fullest. We are here to serve our community 24/7. All diagnostics are available by physician referral and appointment.
- Pulmonary testing to determine;
- Obstructive lung disease such as Chronic Pulmonary Disease.
- Restrictive lung disease such as Interstitial Fibrosis.
- Environmental, Exercise, or Cold Air induced Asthma.
- Exertional Shortness of Breath.
- Overnight Pulse Oximetry to determine;
- Depletion of Oxygen in the blood stream during sleep.
- Cardiac Monitoring
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- 24-hour or 48-Hour Holter Monitoring.
- Event Monitoring.
- Cardiac Exercise Tolerance Testing
- Exercise Tolerance Testing with treadmill exercise.
- Nuclear Medicine Testing with Myoview Injection
- Pre and post, or, without treadmill exercise.
- Stress Echo testing pre and post treadmill exercise.
- Oxygen Therapy
- Inhalation Therapy via Nebulizer or Inhalers
- Chest Physical Therapy to remove lung secretions
- Non-invasive BIPAP and CPAP therapy
- Invasive ventilation and life support
- Respiratory Care for both acute and chronic diseases
- Diaphragmatic and Pursed Lip breathing techniques.
- Proper use of all types of Inhaled Medications.
- Conservation of Oxygen during activities of daily living.
- Secretion Clearance techniques.
- Smoking and Tobacco cessation
- Asthma and COPD Education
The respiratory therapists, in collaboration with the medical team, participate in patient assessments, make appropriate clinical decisions and modify care according to evidence based clinical protocols. They are part of a skilled inter-disciplinary team dedicated to high quality patient care with a focus on treating people with health care issues affecting the cardiopulmonary system such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, pneumonia, cardiovascular disorders, and trauma. Our Respiratory Therapists are board-certified in respiratory therapy and many hold additional certifications and training.
Latest NewsView All
Memorial reduces vaccine clinic to one day per week
The Memorial Hospital COVID-19 vaccine clinic will close on Tuesdays beginning the week of January 31. The clinic will remain open on Wednesdays from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m., accepting appointments and walk-ins.
Memorial Hospital Welcomes First Baby of 2022
It's a boy! Memorial Hospital’s first baby of the New Year, Bruno James Bell, arrived at 9:30 a.m. on January 2. Bruno’s parents are Carly Kobs and Malachi Bell of Fryeburg, Maine.
Pen Bay Medical Center Earns 2021 Leapfrog Top Hospital Award for Outstanding Quality and Safety
Highlighting its nationally recognized achievements in patient safety and quality, Pen Bay Medical Center (PBMC) was named a Top Rural Hospital nationally by The Leapfrog Group.
MaineHealth Care at Home Awarded Funding for Lifeline Medical Alert System devices
The Davis Family Foundation and The Bingham Program have elected to fund an innovative program supporting the free-of-charge integration of Lifeline Medical Alert Systems into the care plan of patients enrolled in the visiting hospice program.