Cardiopulmonary Care and Respiratory Therapy
Our Cardiopulmonary team offers many therapies, diagnostics and instructions to help our community live life to their healthiest and fullest. We are here to serve our community 24/7. All diagnostics are available by physician referral and appointment.
- Pulmonary testing to determine;
- Obstructive lung disease such as Chronic Pulmonary Disease.
- Restrictive lung disease such as Interstitial Fibrosis.
- Environmental, Exercise, or Cold Air induced Asthma.
- Exertional Shortness of Breath.
- Overnight Pulse Oximetry to determine;
- Depletion of Oxygen in the blood stream during sleep.
- Cardiac Monitoring
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- 24-hour or 48-Hour Holter Monitoring.
- Event Monitoring.
- Cardiac Exercise Tolerance Testing
- Exercise Tolerance Testing with treadmill exercise.
- Nuclear Medicine Testing with Myoview Injection
- Pre and post, or, without treadmill exercise.
- Stress Echo testing pre and post treadmill exercise.
- Oxygen Therapy
- Inhalation Therapy via Nebulizer or Inhalers
- Chest Physical Therapy to remove lung secretions
- Non-invasive BIPAP and CPAP therapy
- Invasive ventilation and life support
- Respiratory Care for both acute and chronic diseases
- Diaphragmatic and Pursed Lip breathing techniques.
- Proper use of all types of Inhaled Medications.
- Conservation of Oxygen during activities of daily living.
- Secretion Clearance techniques.
- Smoking and Tobacco cessation
- Asthma and COPD Education
The respiratory therapists, in collaboration with the medical team, participate in patient assessments, make appropriate clinical decisions and modify care according to evidence based clinical protocols. They are part of a skilled inter-disciplinary team dedicated to high quality patient care with a focus on treating people with health care issues affecting the cardiopulmonary system such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, pneumonia, cardiovascular disorders, and trauma. Our Respiratory Therapists are board-certified in respiratory therapy and many hold additional certifications and training.
Latest NewsView All
MaineHealth awarded nearly $1M by National Institutes of Health to study COVID-19 testing in higher risk communities
The Maine Medical Center Research Institute study will focus on how to improve access and use of COVID-19 tests in vulnerable communities.
Franklin Community Health Network Offering Vaccines at the Farmington Fair
A new fixture at Maine’s agricultural fairs alongside the harness racing, farm animals and food are COVID-19 vaccination clinics.
Pen Bay Medical Center Earns National Recognition for Efforts to Improve Management of Atrial Fibrillation
The American Heart Association presents Get With the Guidelines-AFIB Gold award for commitment to prioritizing quality care for AFIB patients.
UMF walk-in COVID-19 vaccine clinic taking place Saturday, September 18
Individuals ages 18+ are eligible to get one of two types of vaccine.