Cardiopulmonary Care and Respiratory Therapy
Our Cardiopulmonary team offers many therapies, diagnostics and instructions to help our community live life to their healthiest and fullest. We are here to serve our community 24/7. All diagnostics are available by physician referral and appointment.
- Pulmonary testing to determine;
- Obstructive lung disease such as Chronic Pulmonary Disease.
- Restrictive lung disease such as Interstitial Fibrosis.
- Environmental, Exercise, or Cold Air induced Asthma.
- Exertional Shortness of Breath.
- Overnight Pulse Oximetry to determine;
- Depletion of Oxygen in the blood stream during sleep.
- Cardiac Monitoring
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- 24-hour or 48-Hour Holter Monitoring.
- Event Monitoring.
- Cardiac Exercise Tolerance Testing
- Exercise Tolerance Testing with treadmill exercise.
- Nuclear Medicine Testing with Myoview Injection
- Pre and post, or, without treadmill exercise.
- Stress Echo testing pre and post treadmill exercise.
- Oxygen Therapy
- Inhalation Therapy via Nebulizer or Inhalers
- Chest Physical Therapy to remove lung secretions
- Non-invasive BIPAP and CPAP therapy
- Invasive ventilation and life support
- Respiratory Care for both acute and chronic diseases
- Diaphragmatic and Pursed Lip breathing techniques.
- Proper use of all types of Inhaled Medications.
- Conservation of Oxygen during activities of daily living.
- Secretion Clearance techniques.
- Smoking and Tobacco cessation
- Asthma and COPD Education
The respiratory therapists, in collaboration with the medical team, participate in patient assessments, make appropriate clinical decisions and modify care according to evidence based clinical protocols. They are part of a skilled inter-disciplinary team dedicated to high quality patient care with a focus on treating people with health care issues affecting the cardiopulmonary system such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, pneumonia, cardiovascular disorders, and trauma. Our Respiratory Therapists are board-certified in respiratory therapy and many hold additional certifications and training.
Latest NewsView All
Maine Medical Partners Opens New Medical Office Building in Scarborough
Maine Medical Partners (MMP) has opened a new 108,000-square-foot medical office building at 92 Campus Drive in Scarborough, bringing together neurology, neurosurgery, rehabilitative medicine, otolaryngology (ear, nose and throat) and vascular surgery practices in one regional center for specialty care.
Annual Health Care Golf Classic Taking Place on July 12
Franklin Memorial Hospital’s (FMH) annual Health Care Golf Classic at the Sugarloaf Golf Club is taking place July 12.
Vaccinations at Becky’s Diner? Nothin’ Finah!
MaineHealth Begins to Offer Targeted Community-Based Vaccination Clinics in Portland Area
Healthy Community Coalition receives $800,000 Federal Grant to Improve Health Outcomes
Focus will be on supporting underserved, isolated and vulnerable populations.