Advanced Practice Provider - Primary Care Residency
Coming in 2023!
The MaineHealth Advanced Practice Provider - Primary Care residency program provides newly-graduated APPs with:
- Curriculum and assessment dedicated to acute and chronic problems encountered in primary care
- Training in contraceptive insertion and management
- Participation in weekly didactic sessions, including Project Echo™ and family medicine grand rounds
- Specialty rotation in sites focusing on: neurology, urology, cardiology, addiction medicine, Preble Street Learning Collaborative, orthopedics
The MaineHealth Medical Group Primary Care setting is an educational environment rich with learners including physicians, advanced practice providers, pharmacists and nurses. There is an emphasis on team-based care throughout our patient care settings. Faculty take pride in educating and mentoring new APPs and working to ensure an optimal inter-professional learning environment.
- One year salaried residency with benefits
- Integration into organization, including inclusion in team-based care
- Learn more about our program curriculum and benefits
Advanced Practice Providers at Maine Medical Center (MMC)
APPs make up a significant portion of our primary care teams, practicing in every department including family medicine, internal medicine, pediatrics and geriatrics. They support MaineHealth academic, clinical and research missions and, through their practice, embody and demonstrate MaineHealth core values. Many APPs also:
- Work with resident teaching services
- Participate in preceptorship of APPs
- Participate in quality and safety improvement projects
- Participate in clinical research projects
The MaineHealth Medical Group APP Primary Care residency program is located in beautiful Southern Maine with easy access to coastal beaches, walking, running and biking trails as well as the White Mountain National Forest. The city of Portland offers a myriad of restaurants with local and international cuisines, breweries, concert venues, art, history and shopping.