We want your experience at Maine Medical Center to be the best possible. That experience starts before your scheduled visit. Please read the information below before you come to MMC to help make your admission a smooth process. You can register ahead of your visit, understand your financial responsibility and/or get information on financial support if needed.
All patients who have a scheduled service at a MaineHealth facility are asked to pre-register. Our pre-registration process saves you time at arrival by allowing us to prepare for your services. Pre-registering also helps make sure all the information we have on file is up to date and accurate. Please pre-register at your earliest convenience.
You can be sure what you tell us will always be kept private.
Information Needed for Pre-Registration
- Identification information, including your Social Security number for safe patient identification and billing purposes
- Demographic information
- Insurance information (found on your medical insurance card)
- Date of service for your stay
How to Pre-Register
- Please call 207-662-2433 or toll-free 800-619-9715
- Business hours are 7:30 AM to 6:30 PM, Monday through Friday
- Pre-registering on the phone takes approximately 5–10 minutes
MyChart is the MaineHealth online patient portal. With MyChart, you can complete your registration for an upcoming visit or update your registration information online. You can also schedule future appointments, review your health information, send a message to your provider and more.
Here is a checklist of things to do before you come to the hospital:
Things you will need with you:
You may also want these items to make your stay more pleasant:
Things To Leave At Home
- Valuables, like large sums of cash and jewelry
- Medicines you take at home including medical marijuana
- Electric fan
- Electric heating pad
- Electric radio
- Electric razor
- Hair dryer
Our staff will do what they can to make the admitting process easy and efficient for you. We will ask you to sign forms saying you agree to your treatment. Please read the forms carefully.
For admissions, while your room is being prepared for you, we will make you as comfortable as we can in our waiting room. Sometimes there may be a shortage of rooms because of unexpected emergencies. If this is the case, we will do our best to work with your care team to tell you before you come to the hospital. Unfortunately, we may not know we’ll be short of rooms until the day you arrive. We appreciate your patience.
Before surgery: Pre-Operative Readiness and Education (PREP)
- If you are having surgery at MMC, your surgeon will give you information about your surgery, such as how to prepare and what time to arrive.
- There are two parts to PREP: a PREP phone call and a PREP visit.
- Every surgical patient will receive a PREP phone call. It is very important to call us back quickly if we leave you a message.
- Some patients will also be asked to come to the PREP clinic for an in-person visit. This depends on the type of surgery and any health conditions you have.
Questions: Main Line 207-662-8217
PREP nurse line at 800-838-8217
Location: MMC Brighton Campus
335 Brighton Avenue, Portland, ME