Intensive Outpatient and Partial Hospital
We offer an effective and flexible Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) to help people recover from serious drug and alcohol addiction. We also can provide the Differential Substance Abuse Treatment (DSAT) model, recognized as effective by the court and corrections systems in Maine. DSAT has been the treatment required of all Adult Drug Courts in the state. We can also create a customized IOP based on client need.
Is substance abuse affecting your our your family? Let us assist you in the recovery process.
Outpatient EligibilityIndividuals who do not require a higher level of care (detox, intensive outpatient, etc.) are eligible for outpatient services. Most insurances and MaineCare are accepted. People without insurance are accepted using a sliding fee scale.
- Attend consistently and in a timely manner. You will be give an copy of our attendance policy with further details
- Maintain a safe recovery environment by:
- Presenting in a condition that will allow you to benefit from services. Intoxicated clients may be rescheduled and assisted in making arrangements for a safe return home.
- Conduct yourself in a polite and respectful manner at all times.
- Refraining from buying, selling, using or sharing substances on agency grounds.
- Providing honest feedback about your recovery experience (including relapses) so that best outcomes can be achieved.
- Making timely payments for services and providing all of the information for billing purposes.
Clients may be asked to provide urine samples to monitor drug and alcohol use.
- Outpatient services are billed at $21 per quarter-hour unit
- IOP is billed at $125 per day
- MaineCare and private insurance accepted
- A sliding scale is available for people in financial needs.
Maine Medical Center, our sister hospital in Portland, provides partial-day services for adults who are too ill to attend traditional outpatient therapy, but do not require the 24-hour-a-day treatment of an inpatient psychiatric hospital. These programs are often used as a means of averting psychiatric hospitalization. Alternatively, the day programs help patients make a smoother transition back into the community following a psychiatric hospitalization.
These structured, partial-day programs feature two treatment tracks: one for adults who experience chronic and severe mental illness; and one for those who have co-occurring disorders.
Make a referral
1-866-857-6644 (toll-free) or 207-761-6644, extension 2.