The Children's Initiative
The primary mission of the Children’s Initiative is to develop a community-wide trauma-informed system of care for children suffering as a result of experiencing or witnessing violence and trauma.
The Children’s Initiative implements and supports a broad range of prevention, intervention, and treatment activities throughout the state. MBH has proudly partnered with numerous agencies in order to provide a full range of trauma-informed services, including outreach, community education, clinical training and treatment.
The Children’s Initiative also implements numerous trauma-informed trainings throughout the state.
The Children’s Initiative Core Messages
- We believe that children and adolescents deserve a home and community that is safe.
- Children and adolescents are impacted by violence and trauma both directly and indirectly, and not all will react in the same way. The impact of violence and trauma on children can be short or long term.
- Children and adolescents are resilient and should have every opportunity to lead happy and healthy lives. When given the proper support following exposure to violence and trauma, children can heal and thrive.
- Early intervention, coordinated support, and/or evidence based treatment following exposure to violence and trauma can help children and adolescents recover from these experiences.
- There should be no wrong door to quality, evidence-based services for children and families that have been exposed to violence and trauma. Responses and services should be coordinated, collaborative, and culturally competent.
If a child is in immediate danger, call 9-1-1. Otherwise, call our access call center at 844-292-0111 to learn more and set up an appointment at one of our locations.