Make the most of your money
Managing your finances is an important part of your overall health and wellness plan. Explore this page for helpful tools, resources, tutorials and technology that can help you take control of your financial future.
Get started today!
All MaineHealth care team members can access a new online tool, called Lincoln WellnessPATH.® Whether you are creating a budget, building an emergency fund, reducing debt, saving for college tuition or planning how to live your best life in retirement; this free, easy-to-use tool will help you focus on short- and long-term financial goals.
- Get a holistic look at your financial data
- Understand your spending habits
- Learn how to manage debt
- Plan for future expenses
Additional Lincoln Financial Resources
There are many other types of financial wellbeing tools and resources on the Lincoln Financial website. Explore the site and use the tools to make thoughtful, smart decisions about your future with:
- Personal seminars
- Articles on a variety of topics
Schedule a meeting with a Lincoln Financial Retirement Consultant
You will receive one-on-one help and answers your retirement plan questions.
Explore the HealthAdvocate Financial Fitness Center where you will find over 200 interactive financial tools on a variety of topics including taxes, financial management, establishing credit, savings calculators and more. Access the Health Advocate Financial Resource Guide, which includes valuable tips to help you manage your money.
Turn to HealthAdvocate
No matter what your financial issue, HealthAdvocate offer personalized support, information and tools to help you manage your money, reduce debt and save for your future to ease your financial stress and increase your well-being. HealthAdvocate provides:
- Free phone consultations with financial and/or legal specialists to address school loan debt, divorce and money management, bankruptcy, retirement planning and more
- Access to a customized website online or via mobile app:
- Informative articles on a wide variety of issues including budgeting, bankruptcy, identity theft, investing, etc.
- Downloadable financial forms, worksheets and online calculators for budgeting, loans, credit payoff, taxes and retirement
Remember, you and your family members can always call a licensed professional counselor for confidential help with stress, anxiety, family or work issues any time. You can also talk to a work/life specialist to help you find resources to help better balance your life.
Take a look at the Health Equity Health Savings Account (HSA) Investment Guide and discover how to use your HSA to save on health care premiums and build long-term health savings.
Get your essential financial documents in order. Regardless of your income level, will preparation and estate planning are important steps toward financial well-being. Many people put off these important tasks because they think it will be too complicated or expensive. But, these documents are one of the most important things you will leave behind in life - especially for your family.
Virgin Pulse has two easy ways to start focusing on your finances. Healthy Habits can help you track your progress towards financial well-being. And, Journeys® are daily, self-guided courses to help you build healthy financial habits.
There are 17 Virgin Pulse Healthy Habits that can get you on track with your finances. Choose from any of the following habits in your Virgin Pulse app and track your progress daily. It’s that easy!
- Bring Lunch - Did you bring your lunch from home today?
- Financial Emergency Plan - Did you do one thing today to save or plan for the unexpected?
- Lights Off - Did you save on utility bills by turning off lights today?
- On Budget? - Did you stick to your budget today?
- Organize Your Finances - Did you do one thing today to keep your finances organized?
- Pay with Cash - Did you pay only with cash today?
- Pay Yourself - Did you pay yourself a small amount of savings today?
- Save for the Future - Have you taken one step today toward a long-term financial goal?
- Save on Coffee - Did you avoid buying coffee today?
- Shrink Your Debt - Did you choose to put money toward your debt today?
- Spare Change - Did you save your spare change today?
- Spending Break - Did you buy only necessities today?
- Tap Water’s Fine - Did you drink tap water instead of paying for drinks today?
- Thermostat Hawk - Did you save energy costs by monitoring your home temperature today?
- Track Spending - Did you track your spending today?
- Travel for Less - Did you cut your travel expenses today (walk, bike, bus, etc.)?
- Turn Off the Tap - Did you save on utility bills by using less water today?
Reaching any goal starts with a single step. Journeys are daily, self-guided courses to help you build healthy habits. Take the first step towards managing your finances today. There are currently five Virgin Pulse Journeys to choose from:
- Financial Fitness: Plan for Emergencies
- Maintain Financial Fitness
- Organize for Financial Fitness
- Shrink Your Debt
- Stash Some Cash
New to Virgin Pulse? Register now.
Access a variety of local financial assistance programs through Maine 211. During personal hardships and emergencies, 211 can help you find programs and services that will assist you with basic needs, such as:
- Food and clothing banks
- Shelters and housing
- Financial and rent assistance
- Household goods
- Utility assistance
- Medical and mental health costs
- Child care