Depression and Anxiety
Nearly 70% of cancer survivors experience depression and anxiety at some point. Feeling angry, sad and tense are all normal; however, these emotions should lessen over time. For some people, these emotions can deepen and linger and get in the way of your everyday life.
What can you do?
- Don’t blame yourself
- Talk to your health care provider about the feelings that you are experiencing
- Consider seeing a counselor/therapist to talk about and explore your feelings
- Introduce exercise into your everyday routine. Thirty minutes of exercise per day can decrease depression and anxiety by nearly 50%
- Reach out to family and friends
- Get plenty of rest
- Take care of your health. Go to all your appointments as scheduled.
If you would like more information on this topic or others, reach out to one of our health educators for help.Learn more