Plan Your Own Event
Every year community fundraising events are organized by kids, parents, businesses and organizations, schools, and sports teams. These events all start with a great idea and a big heart. Some community events raise $50 and some $50,000 but no matter the result, they all play an important role in helping the children and families cared for at The Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital.
And, you don’t need a lot of experience to make your event a success — just the energy and enthusiasm to make it happen!
- “A-thon” Dance-a-thon, bike-a-thon, rock-a-thon, walk-a-thon, etc.
- Bake Sale/Candy Fundraiser
- Breakfast, Luncheon, or Dinner
- Car Wash
- Carnival or Concert
- Coin drive
- Fashion Shows
- Restaurant or retail promotion
- Sports Tournament
- Yard Sale/Garage Sale
- 99 Fundraising Ideas (.pdf)
We're Here to Help
Our staff is ready to make sure that your fundraiser is a success. Here's what we can do for you:
- Offer advice and expertise on event planning and fundraising
- Acknowledge direct contributions to the children's hospital
- Provide and approve use of our logo, as appropriate
- Assist in directing contributions towards areas of special interest or areas of need within the hospital
- Provide a letter of authorization to be used to validate the authenticity of the event and its organizers
Here is what we may be able to do for you depending on the specific event and timing:
- Send a representative to attend check presentations
- Lend banners or signs, and balloons
- Tips for Planning a Successful Fundraising Event (.pdf)
There are some things we can't do:
- Provide our tax exemption number unless it is agreed upon beforehand
- Provide a certificate of insurance and permits for events
- Offer funding toward an event
- Offer reimbursement for expenses
- Share mailing lists of donors or vendors
- Provide Hospital stationary
- Guarantee attendance or involvement of our patients, physicians, or staff
Submit Your Community Event Proposal
If you are interested in hosting an event to benefit The Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital at Maine Medical Center please:
- Download and complete the Guidelines for Community Events
- Download and complete the Community Event Proposal Form
- Email completed proposals to GetInvolved@mmc.org
Interested in Learning More?
Contact our Fundraising Team at (207) 662-2737 or GetInvolved@mmc.org. Thank you for your interest in supporting The Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital! A member of our team will contact you within five business days.