WOW! Rewards Alternative Program
If you don't meet one of the health targets, you can still earn all of your Rewards by participating in an Alternative Program. This year, there are even more options! These programs are open to all employees and spouses/ domestic partners who are on the MaineHealth health plan, even if you meet all of the health targets.
Please register for one class only. Space is limited, and we want to make sure there is space for everyone.
Click here for the Alternative Program Form.
(Click on the titles for more information, then click on the class title to register if applicable. Please register for one class only.)
Registered Dietitian (RD) / Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN):
To get your WOW! Rewards, you will have three visits with a RD/RDN. You have to be enrolled in a MaineHealth health insurance plan to choose this option.
Health and Wellness Coaching:
To get your WOW! Rewards, you have to attend three group health coaching sessions. All three sessions must be done by December 2016.
Am I Hungry? A Mindful Eating Program:
Eight-week, in-person, group program. Groups will range in size from 6 to 14 people. Each session is 60 minutes long and is held once a week. Some reading is required. To get your WOW! Rewards, you have to complete 7 of the 8 sessions by December 31, 2016.
If you are pregnant and enrolled in a MaineHealth health insurance plan, you are eligible for the Future Moms program. To get your WOW Rewards you have to enroll in the Future Moms program between January 2016 and August 2016. You can also receive a $50 Babies R Us gift card by completing the Future Moms Incentive Form!
To get your WOW! Rewards, you will have one in-person visit and three follow-up sessions with a Nurse Care Manager.
Healthy Lifestyles -- Diabetes Prevention Program:
If you have a BMI greater than or equal to 24 (≥ 22 if Asian) and are at risk for developing pre-diabetes or have had a blood test within the past year indicating that you have pre-diabetes, you can participate in the yearlong National Diabetes Prevention Program (endorsed by the National CDC) in select Maine communities. To get your WOW! Rewards, you will have to attend at least 12 of the 16 core sessions before December 31, 2016. Click here to see a Diabetes Prevention Flyer.
Nicotine Replacement Therapy:
Employees or spouse/partners who currently use Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) and test negative for active tobacco use are not charged the $1,200 annual tobacco fee.
IMPORTANT FOR ALL PROGRAMS
- The Alternative Programs were very popular in 2015 - over 900 employees took part. You are strongly encouraged to plan ahead and choose your option early. You can begin your Alternative Program anytime in 2016, but your first visit must take place by October 31 and all visits must be completed by December 31, 2016 - except where otherwise noted.
- Register for one class only.
- All of these options are free. Bring the Alternative Program Form with you for your program provider to complete.
- You must fax your Alternative Program form to WebMD between June 1 and December 31, 2016. Forms faxed after December 31, 2016 will not be considered.
- Only the Alternative Programs mentioned here are eligible.
- While there are no financial Rewards for your spouse/partner, they are invited to participate in any of these programs.